CHAPTER 4: First Day of School

Location: Libero, Night Kingdom

The next morning Owen woke up for school, he would usually wake up earlier than his parents to make them breakfast before leaving. He was young but still knew how to cook well, he has always been quite independent since he was young. As he entered the classroom he noticed people talking about a new student. "Hey, did ya hear that girl that entered the forest survived," His friend said approaching him. "What?" He said a bit confused as he took his seat. "Well, My guess is that it's just her spirit," his friend said quickly. "Don't be stupid I don't think a spirit can be registered in school!" Said a girl in the class. She had pink hair and always wore it in a bun." How would you know" his friend answered. "because it's stupid" she replied and sat down facing forward. "I saw her she was in the race yesterday," another of his friends said joining in."There were a lot of people from out of town there though," Another kid said. They all came circling around trying to take a guess on who the girl was.

Milan accompanied me to the school despite the fact that I told him I was fine on my own, I arrived at the office where the principal greeted us and gave me my room number. The school was quite small so I didn't get lost and found the room quite quickly. The classroom sounded quite loud from the outside but as I entered the room grew silent, I could feel them looking at me as I entered. They began talking as I looked for an empty seat, they seemed to be talking about the forest. When I took a seat the teacher entered the room, as the class began I could feel something hitting the back of my head, I finally decided to turn to see who was throwing them. When I turned around I saw the guy from the race, he waved at me and I turned around what was that boy thinking? Is he mocking me because he beat me this last race?

Owen waved but she immediately turned around. When his friends noticed him throwing more they joined in, but they didn't just throw paper balls they threw almost anything including chipped pencils and bits of erasers.When the teacher took noticed they all pointed to Owen "Detention after class, Owen" The teacher said and continued the lesson. Frankly, Owen didn't mind detention, it sure beats going home to be with his parents. On early days he would try to purposely get in trouble to stay longer, the teacher never contacted his parents so it worked well for him.

He stood there as the teacher graded papers on her desk when he turned to look at the window to see the girl being pushed around by his friends. He turned towards the teacher who seemed to be focused on her paperwork. He took this chance to run out of the room towards the group kids.

After school was over I waited outside since Milan told me he would pick me up, while I waited for some guys from the class approach me " Don't think your lies will make you popular here" he said coming closer. " Lies?" I asked looking at him confused. "You staged it all, I bet you didn't even enter or have wings before you came here you just wanted to seem tough" he continued as the others walked closer. " Ah that, well that's for you to believe, and about me being popular, I think I already am if you all came to ask me," I responded. " Don't try to act cocky with me" He said as he took my backpack emptying it, I was about to take it back when another guy pulled me by my hair and threw me onto the school fence, My bandages came loose and I could feel the wound open up again from the impact. I tried to get up my wounds began to hurt even more than before and everything began to become blurry.

Owen threw a punch at his friend who pulled his hair as they began fighting. The teacher had followed him when he darted out of the room and tried to get in between the circle of kids. When the teacher pulled Owen off his friend he turned to find the girl on the ground with blood coming from her back.

I could hear them fighting and the teacher trying to stop the fight when Milan came and immediately rushing to get me to the hospital "Naeva, hang in there we're almost there" he said. "Milan you worry too much I'm just dizzy," I said trying to sit up. "Just dizzy? Naeva your bleeding more than you should be," he said when we arrived at the hospital. They all looked at Owen and his friends, the teacher took all three students in the class and sat them down until their parents arrived. She spoke to all their parents about what happened, except for Owens parents who never came to pick him up.