Chapter 11

Chapter 11

As our fingers brushed I looked up into his eyes. Something clicked and all of a sudden so many memories of a few months ago came rushing in. He's Drew! As in Drew Sterling. Second in command to the Black Thorn or BTs gang. And I'm in big trouble.... You see I fought and won against one of their fighters. Since it was an underground fight he tried to cheat and had a knife that he tried to use against me.

I gasped and widened my eyes. His eyes seemed to register and he grabbed my wrist. I wriggled my wrist around and grimaced, "let go!" I whispered. He only held tighter, "So now we've found you." He grinned evilly at me. I stomped on his foot with my heel. "Holy shi-" He covered himself and seemed to remember where he was. I grinned while he stood back up and glared at me. Grabbing my paper I winked at him then turned and went to my seat.

I sat down and then noticed Damien watching me. "What?" He raised an eyebrow at me curiously. ",What was that up there?" He nodded to the front of the room. I looked up at the front and noticed Drew ( Mr. Sterling) staring at me. I glared at him then turned to Damien. "What do you mean?" He gave me a dull look, "You know what I mean. You stomped on his foot. Why?" Uhhhh think fast Alex! "I didn't like my score on my essay."

"So you stomped your foot?"

Nodding my head, "yes."

I don't think he believed me but he didn't ask anymore. His name was called them so he walked up to grab his essay. He seemed to eye Mr. Sterling as he was handed his paper. He started to turn around again so I looked down at my book to 'read.'

Okay more like think. How the heck did they find me? Or was this a coincidence?.. I don't know.. I don't like to believe in coincidences much. It was Drew's cousin that I ended up stabbing that day. I had killed him. I regret fighting that day so much. Although really it was his fault. If you wouldn't have wanted to fight dirty and take a knife out then things would be different and he'd be alive.

Damien sat down in his desk.

He may have been mad that he lost money, but he would still be alive. He had tried to stab me, so I did use self defense. The BTs didn't think of it as self defense. They blamed me and targeted me. I've been at the top of their hit list for 8 months. Since that day John and I don't go to that town anymore for fights. He used to have a gym there but as soon as this happened he picked up and we left to start the gym he has here.

They hadn't found me until now. Who knows what he'll do? Also John, Becca, Lance and Matt know I fight underground but only John, Matt and Lance know what happened. John because he was with me but both Matt and Lance were home in the living room the night we both came back.

*****flashback*******

John pulled the car into the drive and we quickly got out. John put his arm around me to keep me up. I had gotten quite a few blows in the head and Brent Sterling had slashed me with his knife a bit and stabbed me in the side. John had torn his shirt at the bottom and had me hold it to my side wound since that was still gushing blood.

John opened the door and rushed me in. Since the living room is right next to the door, Matt and Lance, who had been playing COD looked over at me and jumped up. Matt rushed over and picked me up. I cringed a little but didn't scream, which I was quite proud of. He carried me over and set me on the couch that Lance had put a towel on.

John had disappeared to find medical supplies and Matt went to get some pain relievers with water. Lance stroked my hair out of my face, "what happened Lex?" He used the nickname he gave me awhile ago. I took a gasp of air, "Fight went bad, and Brent brought a knife." I was sweating like a pig on a treadmill. Matt came in and Lance helped me sit up while grabbing the water cup. Matt gave me the pills and Lance put the water cup to my lips. I gulped the pills down and started to cough since my throat was so dry.