I. New Begining

Moving away was nothing new to Blair.

 Since she was only a child, her mother moved from state to state not staying in the same place longer than a year. That made a big impact on Blair's social life. At first her parent thought it'll be hard for her to find true friends, but it was quite opposite. 

Blair made even more friends than probably any normal kid her age. Kids with different backgrounds, tastes and interests all had great impact on young girl.

''What a beautiful scenery.'' Said woman in her late thirties while driving through deep forest. Theresa Hargreeves, a successful artist and writer is a woman who has been raising her only daughter, Blair all her life. 

She ended up pregnant at young age of eighteen, and boy her age never contacted her back after he heard Theresa was with child. Theresa is a woman of many talents, she can made up a world of her own on both canvas and paper, She is also very skilled with tools and fixing broken things. But if you put her in kitchen you can only pray to God it doesn't caught on fire.  

''Getting some inspiration?'' Theresa's daughter said, Blair Hargreeves is almost copied image of her mother. They have the same thin face with high cheek bones and wide forehead. She was almost spitting image of Theresa if it weren't for her blue eyes and brown hair, that Blair got from her father (a man she never met).

''24/7 my dear.'' Theresa said opening both car windows at the same time "Smell that? It's called fresh air.''

''Yeah no shit.'' 

''Language.'' Theresa warned, but her grin never left her features. ''What do you think about love story about two people from a different time period?''

''Time travel? Kinda cliche don't you think?'' Blair commented as she put her head outside the car window, feeling cold air that hit her face. She smiled as she was mentally thanking her mother for moving somewhere where it's colder.

''I missed the rain and snow.'' Blair pointed out as she sat back in her seat normally, half closing the window.

''Oh you got it in Forks more than enough.'' Her mother said. Not even ten seconds later they passed old, wooden sign that said Welcome to Forks, population 3 242.

3 244 now thought Blair.

☆   ☆   ☆

''Ah welcome home.'' Theresa said as they stopped right in front of the house that still had SOLD sign in front of it. Theresa closed car doors and went to open back seat door to take some of the boxes to their new house. As she did, grey Irish wolfhound jumped out and ran around her jumping few times.

''Rolf! I'm wearing white shirt, stop it!'' Theresa yelled at him and dog stopped and stared running around his new backyard. ''At least you have space now.''

''Maybe we should get fence or somethin." Blair said as she got out of car, eyeing the dog then forest behind their house. ''I don't want him to get lost.''

''Even if he does, he would come back when he get's hungry. Isn't that right, baby?'' Theresa said, talking in baby voice towards the dog. Rolf who mistook that as a sign to play, jumped up, licking Theresa's face.

''Gross.'' Blair rolled her eyes and went to help her mother with boxes. Their new house is completely furnished besides few things that they'll buy afterwards. 

Because they move a lot, both of them tried to have as less of private belongings as they could. Blair took in her grasp a bigger box that had few more heavier things inside. Struggling a little while carrying it, Blair took deep breath as she was carefully walking step by step towards the house entrance.

Rolf, being the big baby started walking beside her, hoping he would get some attention. While looking at Blair, he didn't see where he was going so accidentally he collided with her leg making her stumble.

''Rolf, I swear to God if you don't-''

''Need some help with that Miss?'' Male, older voice asked. Looking back, Blair spotted a police vehicle and an officer inside with brown messy hair and moustache. He was looking outside his car window with his tired eyes at Blair.

''I'm perfectly fine Sir, thank you.'' Blair said and was about to continue her task as she heard man shuffle in his car and open the car's door.

''Nonsense, let me help you with that.'' He said as he came closer. Rolf, now smelling the new person was getting closer towards his owner, turning around he started barking at the stranger.

''Woah, big dog.'' Chief said slightly backing away from the girl. 

''Oh no he's just a big baby.'' Theresa, who is now back outside said from house's porch. She put on a big smile when she realised this is the first person she would meet in Forks.

''Good day.''

''Hi, I was passing and finally saw some new faces here. The house has been sold for quite some time now, I wondered who are my new neighbours.'' He smiled politely at Theresa as he took of his Chief hat.

''That would be us!'' Theresa smiled and shook hands with her new neighbour. ''I'm Theresa. Never in my life I thought I'd be neighbours with a police officer, I feel safe now.''

''Pleasure to meet you, ma'am. I'm Charlie, Forks' head of police department. I live few houses down the street, so yeah I guess that makes us neighbours.'' Charlie introduced himself with half smile. He let go of Theresa's hand and looked back at Blair who was still standing there, watching them.

''That's my daughter, Blair. She's starting her junior year here, but don't worry she's well behaved adolescent.'' 

''Mom...'' Blair rolled her eyes and tried help her mother not to embarrass herself even more. Charlie just smiled and nodded at Blair.

''I'm glad, I'm glad.'' Charlie said, he seemed like he wanted to say something but he kept it to himself for few seconds only to say it out loud after all. ''I also have a daughter your years.''

''Really? Does she go to the same high school as I will? Or is there maybe another one?'' Blair asked, trying to ignore the pain in her arms from holding the heavy box for too long.

''Oh no, no. She um, she's living with her mother in Arizona.'' Charlie awkwardly said with small smile and sad eyes 

''That sucks.'' Blair said. She hoped she and Chief's daughter could become friends, at least she wouldn't have to go to school alone.

''Yeah...'' Charlie mumbled ''Well if you don't need my help, I should be going.''

''Thanks for offering your help, Charlie. But I think my daughter and I will manage on our own.'' Theresa softly smiled at the man. Charlie nodded once more as he put on his hat back.

''If you need me, you know who to search for.'' He said nodding and walked back to his car, driving away. Theresa stayed there few moments looking after him. She felt sorry for him, his daughter and probably ex-wife so far away from him.

''Stop drooling.'' Blair said as she continued walking towards their new house.

''Oh hush now." Theresa said as she waved her hand in front of her face and went to take another box from the car.

When Theresa put one last box on hallway's wooden floor, she called Rolf inside and closed the door. She looked around her new home and smiled at everything.

''You know, you're allowed to date, right?'' Blair said to her mother as she appeared out of nowhere next to her mother.

''Go wash him.'' Theresa pointed at the grey beast who was sitting next to her, down on the floor. ''And I should be telling you that, you are teenager here.''

''No you should be telling me how boys will get me in trouble. Don't you want someone to hold you? Someone how can cook so we stop wasting our money on take-out.'' Blair said to her mother who laughed and rolled her eyes.

''Sweetheart, men get me in trouble.''