XVIII. Not Good With Goodbyes

''Hey, how was the game?'' Theresa greets and ask the pair who just came in her house. But the couple ignored her question and just rushed past her upstairs.

''Hey, hey!'' Theresa stopped her daughter and Jasper from walking any further. ''Where's the hurry? Everything okay?''

''Yeah, mom.'' Blair answered as she turned, facing her mother. ''Don't worry.''

Theresa's brows shot up as she kept her eyes fixed on her daughter. It was clear as day that young girl was nervous, maybe even frightened. Theresa stood up from the couch she was sitting on and she walked towards Blair, putting her right palm on Blair's shoulder.

''You know you can talk to me, hun? What's bothering you?''

Blair looked deeply in her mother's eyes and almost felt tears in her own's. On the way here Jasper mentioned how Bella is in grave danger now, and he is not certain about Blair. Edwards said no one's thoughts were fixed on her so there is probably no need to worry, but that doesn't mean the Cullen's will leave her unprotected.

''We lost.'' Blair said, talking about baseball game and nodding at Jasper who stood not far behind her ''So Alice is making me stay at their place tonight.''

''Alice?'' Theresa asked, not being familiar with the name her daughter just mentioned.

''Jasper's sister.'' Blair told her, half smiling. Blair tried to calm her hands from shaking, but more she was thinking about it, they were trembling with fear. Jasper noticed and quickly calmed her nerves down. Mentally thanking him, Blair licked her lips, sending big smile towards her mother, ''Is that alright with you?''

''You got your toothbrush?''

''Yep.''

''Clean clothes? Please don't wear dirty underw-''

''Don't worry, ma. I have everything I need.'' Blair stopped her mother from rambling as her and Jasper made their way out of Blair's house. Theresa stood on the doorway, leaning her head against the front door while holding Rolf by his collar.

''Bye.'' Just as Blair and Jasper turned around and headed towards Jasper's car, Theresa said,

''Be safe.'' Hearing those words coming out of her mother's mouth something inside Blair's heart cracked. Blair stopped in her tracks and glanced at Jasper who immediately felt her heartbreak and looked back at her. With one nod assuring everything will be alright, Jasper continued his way with Blair's stuff in his grasp.

Blair bit on her lower lip trying to silence the sob. She turned around, facing her mother and ran to her. Once she got closer, Blair tightly hugged her mother closing her eyes. Theresa gasped out of surprise and hugged her baby girl back, patting the back of her head.

''I love you, mom.'' Blair whispered so quietly that she got scared her mother couldn't hear. Theresa smiled, kissing her daughter's cheek.

''Love you too, hun.''    

☆ ☆ ☆

Back at Cullen's house, the tension was almost visible. Edward and Bella appeared few minutes after Jasper and Blair came in. There was a dark skinned vampire in house warning them about James bloodlust and his sick games. After the vampire vanished everyone hurried to garage to proceed with their plan.

To keep two human girls alive.

Everyone hurriedly searched the garage for maps, extra self-phones and batteries. They were to busy to talk among each other, the only sound that was heard was the sound of footsteps and rattling of things.