XV. Bruises

''Blair.''

Blair's sweet, dreamless sleep was interrupted by familiar voice of her loved one. Not being bothered, Blair didn't move a muscle. She never felt more comfortable in her life, and yet she wasn't even sleeping on a real bed.

''Wake up, Blair. You need to go home.'' Jasper's, now more stressed voice was a bit louder. Blair's eyebrows furrowed a bit while her eyes were still closed.

''What do you mean? I don't want to go home.'' Blair mumbled, still half asleep. Getting a bit of her consciousness, she remembered what happened. Her and Jasper were dancing when all of a sudden they weren't, and they happened to be on little leather sofa Jasper has in his room.

''I'm so sorry.'' Hearing Jasper apologise, Blair's eyes flew open and she immediately sat up, facing the boy who was standing there shirtless.

''What happened? Did something happened to Bella or-?'' But before she could finish, Jasper, who was collecting her clothes from the floor looked up at her and grabbed her hand. He gently pulled her up, and led her in front of big mirror in his room.

Blair looked at herself in the mirror in confusion. She looked normal as usual, she still had her blue eyes and long, brown hair that was currently all tangled. Only her body looked way smaller because of Jasper's shirt that hanged loose from her shoulders to her mid-thighs.

Her eyes moved to Jasper's reflection. His skin was pale as usual, with bite marks all over his body and his eyes were in his warm golden colour. Only they were in agony. If he could cry, there would be tears in them and Blair didn't know why.

''Jasper, what is-'' But before Blair could finish once again, Jasper gripped his shirt that was on Blair's body and he lifted it so the rest of her legs and stomach were visible. Blair put her palm over her mouth and gasped at her own reflection.

''I did this to you.'' Jasper spatted out, angry at himself. Blair's eyes never left the mirror from where she starred at dark purple bruises that were staining her hips and ribs. ''I'm sorry, I thought I was gentle.''

''Jasper, I...'' Blair wanted to say something to him, but she never find any words. She wanted to touch the dark bruises, but before she got the chance, Jasper turned her around and showed Blair her back.

''Why didn't you say anything, if I knew I had been hurting you I'd stop.'' He said, sadness filled his voice. Blair looked up at Jasper, who was still looking at her reflection. She put her palm on his cheek hoping to get attention from him.

''I'm fine Jasper. I don't even feel it, it just looks nasty.'' Blair said, trying to reason Jasper. He looked down at Blair, his face was still in worry.

''I need to take you home.''

☆ ☆ ☆

''Hey Blair! Come sit with us!''

Blair looked at her left and noticed Jessica, Angela and Bella sitting down on one of the tables outside of Forks high. She smiled at three girls as she came to their table. Jessica was sitting on top of the table trying to catch few rays of sunlight while other two were sitting normally and talked among each other.

''Hey.'' Blair greeted the three, standing there. Bella looked up and smiled at her neighbour.

''Have you done Biology homework for today?'' Brunette asked another one. Blair's blue eyes widened in realisation as she remembered.

''Crap, no I- God damn it.'' Blair cursed silently remembering how their teacher gave them a lot of homework for the weekend as if Blair had nothing better to do.

''Can I copy yours?'' Blair asked making Bella nod, and take her Biology homework out of her bag, giving it to other girl. ''Thanks.''

''Gee, you can sit with us. We don't bite.'' Jessica said as she was looking at Blair and covering her eyes from the sun. Blair nodded, smiling a little and sitting down with three girls.

''Blair, why are you wearing turtle neck? Aren't you hot?'' Angela asked Blair as she was in the middle of copying Bella's homework. Blair looked up at Angela in panic. She didn't know what to say and she was already sweating enough from wearing such a shirt today that she didn't noticed she started sweating even more.

''Uhh, I...'' Blair tried to think about any lie but she couldn't. Then again she can't tell nor show the dark bruises that are also covering her collar bones.

''Oh, what do you think, Ang? I mean Blair and Jasper are a thing now, they are probably doing it, hm?'' Jessica blurred, making Blair sweat even harder ''Her neck is probably filled with love bites, isn't it Blair?''

''Uh, sure.'' Blair mumbled making two girls giggle. Rolling her eyes, Blair sighed and glanced at Bella who seemed like she was looking for someone.

''He's not here, you know.'' Jessica said, making Bella turn around and face Jessica with 'what?'. ''They're not here, ask Blair she can confirm.''

''Where are they?'' Bella asked, it was obvious the girls were talking about the Cullens.

''Dr. and Mrs. Cullen usually take their kids on hiking trips or something when it's sunny.'' Jessica explained.

''Is that true?'' Bella asked Blair, who only nodded without saying anything. Blair got used when Jasper stayed home because of sun, but for the past three days he has been ignoring her calls and Blair knew exactly why. It was because of her.

''Port Angeles? Can I come?'' Bella asked two girls. Blair wasn't paying any attention on what they have been talking about, she was only thinking about Jasper.

''Duh, we need your opinion.'' Angela said, making Jessica giggle. Jessica glanced down at Blair who was still copying Bella's homework.

''What about you, Blair?''

''What about me?'' Blair repeated Jessica's question without even looking at her.

''Is Jasper taking you to prom?'' Blair stopped what she was doing. She never expected Jasper to ask her to prom, she's not even sure was he ever attended one before. Not even Blair though of prom until now.

''They are together, Jess. Doesn't that count as going together?'' Angela asked.

''We never talked about it. I mean, even if he doesn't ask me I would go with friends.''

''But you still need dress, right?'' Jessica's eyebrow arched.

''I-I guess, yes.'' Blair mumbled, not knowing what else to say. Angela and Jessica put on wide smiles.

''Be ready around five, we'll pick you up.'' Jessica said, making Blair nod.

''I can drive you home.'' Bella said, after being quiet for a while. Blair looked at her and sent her half smile ''I mean, Jasper is not here so I figured you walked here.''

''Yes, thank you.''