I. Two Friends In a Flowershop

''Yeah, I understand.'' Charlie said, talking to the person on the other side of the phone-line, ''Thank you, Ray.'' 

''So?'' Blair started the moment Charlie hanged up and put the phone on the couch, next to him. ''Have they found him?''

''No.'' Blair's face crumbled down. 

''Oh.'' She mumbled and sat down next to Charlie on the couch. She started playing with her fingers out of nervousness as she kept her eyes fixed on the ground. Then suddenly they lit up in hope.

''Maybe- Maybe somebody saw him somewhere and mistook him as a stray and took him home with them?''

''Blair...'' Charlie sighed, placing his hand on Blair's shoulder ''Four months ago you put flyers all around Forks and Port Angeles, and no one called. I'm sorry kid, I just think-''

''Please don't finish that sentence.'' Blair said as her eyes filled with tears. 

''There are a lot of dangerous animals around Forks.'' Charlie said, patting her back and standing up from the couch.

''I know.'' Blair whispered to herself.

Around four months ago, when she lost her mother, Blair lost her dog too. The day Theresa was attacked in their house, Rolf must've ran away from the dangerous predator. Or he was also killed with no mercy just as the woman. But Charlie said there was only one body at the crime scene.

Later that evening Blair met up Luke at his mother's flower shop. They were supposed to go and see the movie in Port Angeles, but Luke's mom needed him to do an extra shift today. So Blair decided to just hang around with him.

''I just don't know what's up with her.'' Luke moaned in frustration as he was decorating a bouquet. Blair, who was sitting on top of the counter where cash register was placed, looked up from the book she was reading.

''Who? Your mom?'' She asked her best friend. Luke glanced at her, with one eyebrow up.

''Have you been listening at all?''

''Yes?'' Blair answered, not quite sure. Luke placed all the flowers and decorations down and sent her not convincing face expression.

''Oh, really?'' Blair rolled her eyes at him and groaned, putting the book she was reading down on the counter.

''I'm sorry, now I'm listening.'' She said, paying attention to Luke.

''I'm talking about Olivia.'' He said, mentioning the particular girl ''She's driving me insane, she thinks her life is a romantic-teen movie.''

During the summer break, while Blair spent her time at the Cullen house with Jasper and the rest of his family who are not supposed to be seen in sunlight, Luke started seeing someone. The girl from their high school, Olivia Benet is a real beauty but the only problem for Luke was their one year age gap. Shocking, right?

''She still thinks everything has to be perfect and I have to be the knight in shining armour on a white horse.''

''That's why I'm dating an older guy.'' Blair said, chuckling at her joke as she ate Doritos she brought with her.

''What are you talking about?'' Luke asked in confusion. He closely observed the girl, noticing how she looks like she was chuckling at an inner joke with herself.

''Huh?'' Blair's eyebrows shot up as she licked the Doritos dust off her fingers.

''Jasper is in our year, isn't he?'' Blair's eyes widened in realisation what she just said and how Luke doesn't know the true identity of her lover.

''Shit.'' she cursed trying to think of a lie to cover up her mess.

''Wait...'' Luke started, Blair gulped thinking how this can't be good. ''Did Jasper fail one year?''

It took Blair five seconds to process what Luke had said. She blinked few times before she tried to mask her laughter with a cough. Just thinking about Jasper failing a year in high school and Esme scolding him for it made Blair want to roll on the floor from laughing.

''I fucking knew it!'' Luke shouted while pointing at her with his finger, ''He looks way older than an eighteen-year-old!'' Blair couldn't take it anymore, she started laughing at Luke's proud face. He looks like he just discovered the biggest world's secret.

''He didn't fail a year, Luke.'' Blair confirmed, shaking her head. Blair started thinking about it and it seemed fair for Luke to think he failed a year. Jasper looks nineteen after all, and just imagine nineteen-year-old looking guy in freshman year. The same with every other Cullen 'kid'.

''Just don't tell anyone, he's ashamed of it.'' Blair snickered.

''This is golden.''

☆ ☆ ☆

Blair was in a bathroom taking a bath. She woke up early this morning, earlier than usual. Realising how she can't sleep anymore, Blair decided to take  a warm bath before the rest of the Swan residence wakes up.

For a good amount of time spent soaking her body, Blair was reading the book assigned to her by English teacher. The Romeo and Juliet, a romantic tragedy. From time to time Blair wondered if her life is a tragedy. Her dad never wanted her and the person who loved her the most in the whole universe was murdered. The only thing that is not depressing in her life right now is her relationship with Jasper.  

Time spent with him are the most precious precious moments in her life that Blair will never forget, never. But she can't help but wonder are they destined to end as tragedy. Blair is just a fragile human being, someone who can break so easily. And Jasper is dangerous.

But not even that could keep her away from him.

''I thought I heard you.'' Someone's voice startled her. Blair glanced towards the window which was opened and her eyes melted in Jasper's golden ones and her heart started rapidly beating.

''What are you doing here?'' Blair questioned him. Jasper let himself in Swan's bathroom, he carefully walked closer to Blair and sat on the edge of the bathtub. Blair's face got a bit redder than usual, after all she's naked.

''I went hunting with Emmett and Alice and I thought on checking on you, the moment I wanted to jump to your window I heard you in bathroom.'' Jasper said, placing his cold fingers on Blair's red, wet cheeks.

''You wanted to check on me? While I slept?'' Blair asked, eyebrows narrowing at him while smiling, ''What a creep.''

Jasper smirked down at the girl. His golden eyes observed her closely, they skipped from her eyes to her perfect lips. Leaning down, touching her nose with his he closed his eyes and enjoyed her body temperature. 

Blair just kept silently looking at him. She enjoyed the moments they were so close to each other. Thinking how the boy in front of her is pure perfection, Blair silently giggled. As she did so she noticed a tiny change of Jasper's face expression, but he still didn't open his eyes. 

Enjoying the sound of her laughter, Jasper couldn't take it anymore. He needed her lips. But second before her leaned down even more, Blair was the one who closed the distance between their lips.

Their lips moved in perfect sync, without breaking the kiss Jasper put his hand on the other side of the tub so he was now hovering above Blair. 

A minute or two later, they both pulled away at the same time. Both smiling at one another. Leaning in again, Jasper kissed her forehead closing his eyes for a few seconds before looking back in her eyes.

''I love you Blair, don't forget that.'' Jasper said, his eyes showed seriousness in his words. Blair licked her lips as she was looking up at him and she nodded.

''Never.''