XIX. Feeling Safe In Your Arms

Edward knocked on door of Swan's residence. He was dolled up from head to toe, wearing black tux, with his hair pulled back he looked like an actor ready for word premiere of his new movie. Hearing Charlie's sigh and his steps coming towards the door, Edward breathed in deeply even if he didn't need to.

The front door opened, Charlie nodded at his daughter's boyfriend and without saying a word he invited him in. Edward mumbled a quiet 'good evening, Charlie' and came in all too familiar house.

In silence and awkwardness two males stood beside each other, looking anywhere but at each other. Charlie was starring at the ground while leaning on the wall near staircase with his hands crossed over his chest. Scratching the back of his head, he glanced at the 'younger' boy and looked up where Bella was still getting ready.

''Bells? Edward's here.'' Charlie called.

Edward the whole time listened what Bella was doing in her room. The smile broke over his features as he heard her stumbling in her room following with a silent 'crap'. He licked his lips preparing himself for the girl to come downstairs.

Bella left her room and slowly made her way towards the stairs. Once she turned the corner and saw Edward standing there next to her dad, Bella almost tripped over her own two feet. She smiled dawn at him and slowly, yet carefully made her way downstairs to him.

Edward let out a breath he was holding in once Bella safely made her way downstairs.

''You look beautiful, Bells.'' Charlie commented before Edward could, making himself proud of that. Bella smiled at the ground, mumbling quiet 'thanks, dad'.

''Hi.'' Bella whispered, looking up in Edward's golden eyes. Edward smiled at her, pulling her in his arms, closing his eyes and kissing her forehead.

''You are beautiful, Bella.'' Edward repeated Charlie's word. His eyes opened and connected with Charlie's. ''I'll bring her back home safely, Mr. Swan.''

''Yeah, that's what you said last time.'' Charlie said, shaking his head at the pair. Before Bella could say something back to her father, a faint knock on the front door stopped her.

Charlie turned around in confusion opening the door. There in all his glory, stood Jasper Hale. He was dressed similar to his brother, in a black tux with white rose attached on the left side of his chest. His blond curls neatly falling on the sides of his face and golden eyes shone bright as always.

''Jasper?'' Charlie questioned ''Sorry son, but I don't think Blair is capable of attending the prom.''

''I'm alright, Charlie. Thank you for worrying.'' New, faint female voice could be heard from the top of the stairs. Four pairs of eyes looked at the girl who stood there in baby blue gown decorated in flowers.

For the first time in Jasper's long life his breath (that he didn't need) got stuck in his throat

For the first time in Jasper's long life his breath (that he didn't need) got stuck in his throat. His body froze as Blair was coming down the stairs in what seemed like slow motion. Her face was covered in soft make-up completely covering her heavy purple eye bags or any traces of her grief.

The moment Blair walked downstairs, she stood next to Bella smiling at the brunette. Bella smiled at her back, biting her lip and nodding with her head at Blair.

''Totally a flower girl.'' Bella said looking at Blair up and down. With final nod she looked up at her face.

''With punk-rock heart.'' Blair chuckled and shoved Bella her freshly done black painted nails. Pulling her hair behind her ear, Blair finally looked at Jasper who was still observing her from head to toe.

''You look handsome.'' Blair said first. Hair hand went through her long brown hair. 

Blair was in Swan's guest-room, trying to distract herself from the tragic events that happened while painting her nails black when she glanced at her prom dress which hanged on the door. Noticing she should have already been all dressed up, Blair agreed with herself how her mother would want her to go on prom, especially with as hot date as Jasper is. So she called him and basically promposed to him. 

''You look breathtakingly beautiful, Ma'am.'' Jasper said, his southern accent sounding so sweet to Blair's ears. She smiled from ear to ear at him remembering the very first time he followed her home, that one time she forgot umbrella.

☆ ☆ ☆

Blair was standing at the side as the rest of her classmates danced and jumped out of the rhythm. The moment she faced her friends she tried to ignore their faces that showed concern towards her. Blair wasn't here so they could make her depressed.

The moment she met up with Luke, he dragged her away from Jasper to dance on one of their songs they listened to in middle of History lesson. Blair asked him how come he didn't have date for tonight and he said how he couldn't be bothered with coordinating outfits with his date and spending even more money on corsage.

''May I have this dance, Ma'am?'' Blair heard and felt someone's breath against her skin, their lips lingered above her neck, slightly touching it. Blair melted in cold arms that wrapped around her waist as Jasper turned her around.

Blair looked up in his golden eyes, soothing feeling coming from them. She placed one arm on his shoulder while the other one was connected with his. Jasper started leading her with the slow rhythm that played through the speakers.

''I can't believe how far we've come.'' Blair spoke to him. Jasper stayed quiet for some time, just observing her beauty. His golden eyes melted in her blue ones as their bodies touched.

''For the past six months I realised that I am stupidly in love with you, Jasper Hale and how I can't imagine my life without you.'' Blair said, her eyes sparkling with love and tears she won't let out. ''I came to the conclusion how I can't live without you.''

Jasper's mouth tugged upwards in smirk, some would even say a smile as he heard Blair's words. They were so close to each other, but somehow he managed to get even closer so their noses touched.

''You and me, both Blair Hargreeves.'' He mumbled, his golden eyes lingering on her lips for some time before meeting her eyes again. 

''I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.'' She said, making Jasper confused for a second.

''Blair, you know I can give you more than your life, right?'' Jasper asked. He doesn't want to see old Blair on her deathbed spending her last moments giving him the smile he loved so much. He wants to spend his eternity with her, he wants happy ending. But if that's something Blair wants he won't say nothing against her wishes.

''I know.'' Blair said, placing her palm on his cold cheek. ''I want to spend the rest of my days alive with you, and then the rest of my days as immortal.''

Jasper smiled at her words.

''Just give me some time, I want to get drunk legally at least once in my life.'' Blair said, smirking. Jasper's eyebrows shot up in surprise, well not really it is Blair we are talking about here.

''I love you.'' Jasper said smiling down at human girl, leaning even closer finally closing the gap between them. Their lips met and suddenly it felt like everyone disappeared and there were only two of them in a room, holding each other in their arms.

And that was the moment Blair realised, everything will be fine.