VIII. It's Just A Little Blood

"So when am I going to meet any of your friends?'' Theresa asked from the kitchen Blair, who was in hall, sitting on the floor, brushing Rolf's fur. Theresa has been chatting with few women for the past week and they gave her some cooking tips. Now she's using the stove for the first time in a two years, trying to prepare a breakfast for herself and her daughter.

''Bold of you to assume that I have friends.'' Blair answered in joking manner from the hallway's floor.

''Oh really?'' Theresa spoke as she put more salt in omelette she's making. ''Then who's the lad whose been giving you the rides from home to school and vice versa every day for the past three weeks?''

Blair stopped at what she was doing, causing Rolf to lift his head from the ground in confusion. She never assumed her mother knew that there's somebody giving Blair rides to school and back home every day. But nothing can go past Theresa Hargreeves.

''Oh you must be speaking of my personal slave then.'' Blair made up fast come-back and continued with what she was doing.

''Does that mean you find yourself a boyfriend, huh?'' Theresa smirked as she heard hairbrush dropping on the wooden floor and silent cursing ''It's alright honey, as long as you two are happy and safe. I don't need to have that conversation with you.''

''Wha- Mom! No, ew stop it. We're not having that conversation ever again.'' Blair said as she stood up from the ground and put Rolf's brush in closet where all his things were. She entered the kitchen and washed her hands in sink as her mother put two plates of omelette on the table.

''Bon appetit.'' Theresa said once both of them sat down. It was the time to try her new dish. It actually looked like omelettes should look like. Rather impressive, surprising both of them. Theresa and Blair grabbed their forks and dig in their meal. 

First bite was made, and the taste was in their mouth. Mother and daughter looked at each other with wide eyes and hurriedly stood up. One went to spit it out in garbage can and the other in the sink.

''Gosh I knew it was going to be bad, but this!'' Theresa shouted in misery as she started drinking her coffee to wash away the horrid taste.

''Maybe if it weren't that salty, maybe only maybe, it would taste better.'' Said Blair drinking a lot of water from the tap. As Blair was about to say something to her mother, car honk was heard from outside causing Rolf to bark loudly.

''Your slave's here.'' Theresa pointed out as she looked outside the kitchen window that had view on their driveway ''Sweet Jesus Blair, he's hot.''

''Mom!'' Blair said as she grabbed her back and kissed her mother's cheek ''Please behave while I'm not home.''

''As always.'' Theresa grinned at Blair as she watched her go outside. Then she spied on her coffee as Blair got in boy's car, seeing him open the door for her, Theresa nodded at herself.

''He's gonna make a great husband.''

''How are you?'' Jasper asked Blair as he sat back in his car. ''Why is your face wet?''

''My mom cooked for the first time in years.'' Blair said rolling her eyes and whipping her chin with her sleeve. 

Jasper raised his eyebrow at her, taking one stand of her long brown hair in between his fingers and putting it behind her ear. He smiled at the sound of her heart-beat fastening.

''And? Was it good?'' Jasper asked Blair, noticing her smile getting bigger.

''Absolutely terrible.'' She said surprising him. After saying she will tell him the whole story on the way, Jasper started the engine of his car and drove them towards the happiest place on Earth.