XIV. Vienna

''During James Buchanan's presidency, in winter of 1860 Russell, Majors, and Waddell organized and put together the Pony Express, which was basically like today's email, just on horses.''

''That's so cute.'' Blair whispered to Luke, but somehow Mr Harrison heard her. 

''Interrupting my class, nothing new from you Blair.'' Mr Harrison stopped with the lesson to look at Blair. ''What is so cute in my class?''

''Horses? I mean, imagine your job is riding horses all day, every day and delivering letters.'' Blair said, biting ignoring the embarrassment she felt.

Few of her classmates laughed at her comment, few of them agreeing with her. Blair turned around to face specific boy who was sitting at the back. She sent Jasper a big smile on which he replied with a wink and smiling back at her.

''Oh, but it was everything but cute Blair.'' Mr Harrison said, making Blair to face the teacher again. Mr Harrison clicked on little remote and the slide of his presentation turned, showing picture of what looked like a map.

''The route of Pony Express was 1 900 miles long and there were 184 stations-''

☆ ☆ ☆

''Are you hundred percent sure I'm welcomed to your house today?'' Blair asked Jasper as they were leaving school's building with his arm around her. Jasper half smiled at the human girl when he felt the feeling of uneasiness coming from her.

''Are you afraid of being in the same house with seven vampires? Being a second away from dying and looking death in the eyes, don't you like living on edge?'' Jasper smirked and they stopped walking. He heard her heart started beating faster, but it wasn't because of her excitement.   

''Stop that.'' Blair said, locking her blue eyes with his golden ones. Her jaw tightened as her hold on Jasper's hand did too. ''If anything happens tonight-'' 

''Blair...'' Jasper started, putting his both palms on both of her warm cheeks. He was looking straight in her eyes and talking with full honesty ''Nothing will happen to you tonight or any other day.''

''I know...'' Blair mumbled, looking at the ground.

''Look at me Blair.'' Jasper said making Blair's eyes to look into his ''I will protect you, not a single bad thing will happen to you. I love you.''

Blair's eyes widened at his words. She wasn't sure, but this might be the first time Jasper said he loves her. Her heart started beating much more faster and this time it was from happiness.

''I love you too, Jasper Hale.'' Blair said and kissed him. In second Jasper kissed her back, kiss was sweet and passionate but short. It would lasted far more if the sound of screeching tires against the road didn't interrupt following the loud sound of impact and screaming.

 It would lasted far more if the sound of screeching tires against the road didn't interrupt following the loud sound of impact and screaming