XIII. The Swans

After knocking three times Theresa took one step back to stand next to her daughter. It was around seven in the afternoon and Theresa made plans with Charlie Swan for the evening. While the two were waiting for the door to be opened, Blair took one glace at her mother. 

Theresa was wearing grey knitted dress with long sleeves and black nylon socks under it. On her feet were ankle boots, and brown long coat hugged her figure and she was holding bouquet with yellow and pink flowers in it. Blair smirked at her mother knowing she probably wanted to look nice for Charlie.  

''Couldn't you get dressed in something better?'' Theresa commented as she starred at Blair's Guns 'N Roses oversized t-shirt.

''Sorry, you missed to tell me the occasion.'' Blair sassed. ''What's with flowers anyway? Is he getting married?''

''Jesus Blair, he's not-'' But before Theresa could finish, the door they were waiting for finally opened, revealing Charlie Swan who was dressed up in his usual clothes. His dark brown hair was slightly messy and his dark eyes seemed tired, as usual.

''Theresa, Blair... Welcome.'' Charlie nodded and let them inside.

''Hi.'' Blair greeted, coming in before her mother.

''Hello, neighbour.'' Theresa smiled at Charlie and came in after her daughter. Charlie closed the door and warmly smiled at Theresa, taking her coat and hanging it on hangers that were near the door.

Blair stopped walking and stood awkwardly in front of the set of stairs, waiting for her mother to sit somewhere. When she turned around, her mother was right behind her still holding the bouquet.

''Did you forget to give Charlie his flowers?'' Blair asked. Her mother sweetly chuckled and put her palm on Blair's shoulder.

''The flowers aren't for Charlie, silly.'' Theresa said making Blair to narrow her eyes at her mother. ''They are for his daughter. She moved here from Arizona yesterday, poor thing. At least Charlie won't be completely alone.''

Blair's eyes widened as she recognised the information her mother just told her. Could it be possible that there are two girls who moved to Forks from Arizona? Or the new girl from her school is Charlie's daughter.

As she was wondering about mysterious girl, down the stairs came the pale brunette wearing an over-sized green flannel that probably belonged to Charlie. Seeing Charlie's daughter was the 'new girl' indeed, Blair was left surprised.

''Hi.'' Bella said quietly as she stood in front of two women. She pulled back a loose stand of her pony-tail behind her ear and placed her arms in her pockets. 

''Oh hello, dear. You must be Isabella.'' Theresa said and hugged Bella who was not expecting the hug from older woman.  

''It's Bella.'' Bella corrected Theresa when their little hug ended.

''Of course, I'm sorry Bella.'' Theresa said and her flowers, then put her arm around Blair's shoulders ''These are for you and this is my daughter, Blair.''

''Thanks,'' Bella mumbled thanking Theresa for the flowers, then her eyes fell on the girl who was sitting  with the group of students who are quite popular in her new high school. ''Oh yeah, I know you.''

''I, I mean, we have Biology together.'' Bella corrected herself so she doesn't sound like complete stalker. Blair smiled at her and shook hands with Bella.

''It's nice to meet you, Bella.''

''How about you two girls go to the living room and go get to know each other better.'' Charlie appeared out of no where and said. ''Theresa, could you help me with something in the kitchen?''

''Sure.'' Theresa said and weaved at her daughter and Bella who went to take a seat on the couch.

''You want some beer?'' Asked Charlie when Theresa came in the kitchen after him. She caught on the smell of roasted kitchen and proudly smiled at Charlie.

''You know me so well.''

''Are, are they, like together?'' Bella asked Blair who was sitting near her on the couch, pointing her thumb behind her, towards the kitchen. 

''Honestly, I don't know. They've been friendly towards each other since the first day we moved here.'' Blair said, shrugging with her shoulders. ''But I think they like each other.''

''So they are preparing us for sister life already.'' Bella mentioned while starring at the carpet causing Blair to start laughing from a heart. How crazy it sounds it was quite possible.

''Yeah, probably.'' After Blair fell silent, she thought about it. Her mother was alone for almost eighteen year, including few boyfriends here and there. It would refreshing for her to settle down for someone. Especially if that someone is Charlie Swan, sweet and caring chief of Fork's police department.   

''So, how's Forks high for you?'' Blair asked. She figured it must have been hard for Bella in new high school. Blair remembers how it was first time she moved countries and how she ended completely alone during lunches and breaks for two weeks.

''It's alright, everybody is really nice and friendly.'' Bella answered, before mumbling ''Almost everybody.''

''Oh are you talking about Edward?'' At the mention of his name, Bella sat a bit straighter. Blair didn't miss peculiar scene that happened between Bella and Edward. In fact, Blair thought how rude it was of Edward to act that way even if she knew he was trying to control himself not to kill her right on the spot.

''Don't worry about him. He can be weird sometimes... And kind of an asshole.'' Blair said as Bella nodded.

''I noticed, just... I got a bit insecure, that's all.'' Bella said. Blair's eyes softened at the girl beside her. Poor Bella probably kept thinking what's wrong with her for the whole afternoon.

''Trust me, there's nothing wrong with you.'' Blair lied, the problem was in Bella's particular blood smell ''He's just a bit... Coo, coo in the head.'' Blair said and taped her fingers on the side of her head.

''Thanks.'' Bella laughed drily and smiled at Blair. ''I think I'm going to talk to him about it tomorrow.''

''You go girl.''

There was a moment of silence between two girls. There was fit of laughter coming from the kitchen making both girls to smile at the ground.

''They're so cute.'' Bella said looking towards Blair who chuckled.

''Tell me about it.'' Bella's eyes fell down on Blair's band t-shirt. She heard of Guns 'N Roses before but she never checked them out.

''You listen to Guns 'N Roses?'' Bella asked Blair nodding at her shirt. Blair looked down checking the shirt like she forgot what she was wearing.

''Oh yeah, not really.'' Blair nervously chuckled ''Call me a fake fan or whatever, I just like old and vintage looking stuff.''

''Oh.'' Bella mumbled. 

The second Blair realised what she said she started laughing, leaving Bella in confusion. Blair just realised Jasper could be also considered as vintage and he is definitely old.