CLIVE

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 7

Destination: Northern part of Eastern Earth – Earth

Clive wanted to break more pencils. But Phoenix had hidden them all away.

Damn him.

How had Clive not seen this. He was supposed to be his best friend wasn't he? Some friend.

He scoffed.

They had gone out of the room to meet a grumpy Maverick leaning against the door opposite to theirs scanning a tear in his uniform.

Clive's gaze crossed between him and Phoenix.

He was trying to piece when exactly this had happen. He had spoken to Phoenix earlier,

"Why wouldn't you tell me about this? They want to KILL me? And you AGREED?"

Phoenix had guilt written all over his face. This confused him. Hadn't this been a willing task? As far as he knew, Phoenix had not been forced to take part in this scheme.

"Look Clive, I know this all looks weird and crazy. But you gotta trust me and calm down! I will tell you everything!"

"Fine! But this better be good. Or I'll be breaking a lot more than pencils."

So Phoenix had told him everything.

How this girl named Vani came to him with an offer, or rather he came to her and she gave him an offer.

Clive knew that once Phoenix heard of these books, there was no backing out.

"So how is this connected to you working with the Powers"

"I made a deal with her. She said she could get me a butt load of books if I acted as her double agent. She wouldn't tell me why. So, I'm doing it."

"Alright. But. Where are we next meeting this girl?"

"WE??", he looked incredulous.

"Yes we. I will meet this girl who oh so willingly convinced my best friend to take part in a scheme involving my murder."

Clive's face was red with anger and Phoenix knew he couldn't win this battle. He sighed in resignation.

They heard a sharp knock on the door and they both had gone out.

Maverick had an expression that said he was generally ticked off with the world. He wanted to steer clear of him. More so because he was one person who genuinely wanted to kill him.

But, why him? Clive had powerful parents sure. But, he himself wasn't much of a threat.

He and Phoenix fell in step just behind Maverick and shared a look.

Phoenix mimed gagging and Clive suppressed a giggle.

A lot of things were going on. And it was time they got to know what they were.

***