PHOENIX

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 19

Destination: Outside Beta Boundary

Phoenix wanted to dance. And sing. His wish came true! She was going to use her powers! He'd already seen the Zeroans. And now this!

The others had formed a ring around Naina. It was decided that it was in their best interest if they held hands. That way, during the fall they could manipulate the air.

They first thought that Ayaan and Isha could conjure some form of parachute but apparently they hadn't had the training to form modes of transport yet. So that was out the window.

Naina slowly flicked open the first buckle. There were so many of them on those shoes. It took her two minutes to finish opening all the buckles.

"Here goes nothing." She took a deep breath and lifted her feet from the shoes.

He was left dumbstruck. They were regular feet. Like theirs. No 10 toes on each foot, no different colour, no scales. Nothing. Huh.

Naina caught his expression and huffed a laugh. "Well, what'd you expect? Tentacles?"

"Yeah.", he whined.

She laughed again. Then stopped when the ground rumbled. Uh oh.

All of them looked down. There were cracks under Naina's feet. And they were increasing.

"Everyone, grab hands!" Vani shouted from next to him as she caught his hand. He took Maverick's hand in his other. They all closed in around Naina. Hands held tight.

This was it.

The ground shook one last time and fell silent. And then it exploded.

They all yelled as they fell, fighting to maintain their grip.

In that one moment, during that fall, the ten of them forgot all the fights, all the betrayals, lies, plans. Everything. They were one. They held strong. And they didn't let go.

"GUYS! I JUST WANNA SAY, I LOVE YOU ALL!", Vani yelled as they fell.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled back.

They hadn't thought this out. The impact. It would kill them. It would obliterate them.

"GUYS! BRACE FOR IMPACT! THE CIRCLE HELPED SLOW OUR FALL. IF WE'RE LUCKY, WE'LL ONLY BREAK A FEW BONES." Ankit yelled.

Great. Just a few bones. No worries. Absolutely fantastic.

And then there it was. One moment they were falling and the next huge metal arms encircled his waist. What?

His hands lost Vani and Maverick's hands. He yelled.

"Vani! Maverick! Dammit!"

But he wasn't falling anymore. He was hovering just above the ground. Those metal arms still around him.

He lifted his head to see all the others were wrapped in this metal arms as well. All held expressions of fear.

"Are you alright?" He called out to Vani who was nearest to him.

"I think I'm gonna puke." She called back. She did look green.

He then looked up. They were like huge drones. From them sprouted the metal arms. They whirred and started moving them towards the ground. Once where feet where grounded, the metal arms lifted. The drones flew away.

"Um. So. Now what?" Naina asked.

Phoenix looked down to see her feet clad with boots. When had she done that? Had she done it whilst falling?

Roshan gulped. "Well, should we follow those drones?"

Suddenly, they heard footsteps. A man appeared in front of them from the shadows. He was almost bald, with the few hair he was greying. His eyes were hidden behind glasses. They were black. Black. He was human.

"Oh that won't be necessary children." He said.

Someone pushed him aside from behind and stepped out. It was Vani. She was pale. She said one word, barely audible, almost like a prayer.

"Papa?"