ISHA

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 23

Destination: Earth – Stratosphere

"We're here."

"I know. I can see you on the screen."

"I'm going to have to disable our tracking device soon enough. You can't see us."

Isha was about to put away the ear piece when his voice came again.

"Wait."

"What?" She asked.

"Just-just stay for a bit longer."

She laughed. "Okay."

The two of them had formed a sort of routine. Every day, since the past week, the two would talk for hours and hours about everything and nothing.

The only other person she'd been so completely unfiltered with was Ayaan.

"You know I haven't slept in three days since I found out you were coming here?" He said.

Isha smiled. "Me too. Although my lack of sleep was due to the fact that I'm about to cause an earthquake on your planet."

He laughed. He had a nice laugh. "Well, we humans have been utterly foolish. I guess it is well deserved."

"Hey Covey?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever seen me?"

"What do you mean?

"Like, my face. Do you know how I look?"

There was silence on the other end. "Covey?"

"No."

No. Wow.

"And you stil...." She burned, not wanting to finish this sentence.

"I still what?"

"Nothing" She muttered. "I gotta go. I need to hack into the base and -" she was rambling now.

"Isha."

"Yeah."

"I haven't seen you once. But yes. I'm madly in love with you. I have been since the past two years." He said in a rush.

Isha put a hand to her heart. Love? What?

"Covey. You barely even know me. Heck, you don't even know how I look. You don't love me."

"I've never been surer of anything. Trust me"

"I-I have to go." She finished lamely.

He laughed. "Don't freak out. I know you don't love me yet. But you'll get there. I promise. Now go. You have a planet to invade."

She smiled and removed the ear piece.

She walked over to Ayaan in the cockpit. He turned when he heard her.

"Hey." He said.

"I need to talk to you." She said.

"Sure."

"I know what was going through your head back at Zeroa."

He sucked in a sharp breath. "What do you mean?"

Isha rolled her eyes. "Don't act dense with me."

His shoulders slumped. "Fine. What about it?"

"I need you to promise to me that you won't become a hermit if anything happens to me."

He turned towards her. His face red with fury. "Do. Not. Speak. Like. That."

She threw her hands up in frustration. "Ayaan. I know you. And that's why I'm saying this. If anything happens to you, half of me will die. But I will go on with life. For you and me. I will live your life as well. I would never be the same and it kills me to talk about this but it's true. I won't smile for a long time but when I do, I know that you will be right there, smiling with me. So I need you to promise to me that you won't do anything reckless."

Ayaan stared at her openly. There were tears in her eyes. He stood up and brushed one from her cheek.

"I promise sis. I promise." He smiled.

She pulled him into a hug.

He laughed. "Ok. Gross. Now back off. That's about the amount of affection I can handle."

She laughed too.

"I have to go hack into stuff." She said.

"Naturally." He said.

She punched him in the shoulder and walked away.