MAVERICK

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 14

Destination: Northern part of Eastern Earth – Earth

Today was it. He was finally going to murder Clive Reston. Everything was planned. He had planned this day down to the minute. And nothing could go wrong.

Maverick was walking down the lobby, checking and re-checking his plan looking for any minor errors.

First step was to get that bastard Phoenix out of the way. The kid only collected books sure, but he knew Phoenix would be trouble.

Phoenix had been debriefed about how Clive's death had to take place but one look at his face and Maverick had know that no way in hell was he going to carry out this assassination.

He still wondered why the boss had targeted Phoenix for this mission. It wasn't like the Powers had less number of skilled assassinators. Every once in a while, one or the other member of the Powers would go rogue and had to be dealt with. This time, it was Clive Reston's parents, Amelia and Harem Reston. But since these two had held a very important position in the centre, they deserved something extra. And what better than to see your own kid being murdered in front of you by his best friend. The boss was a sociopath no doubt. But this very sociopath had given Maverick a living. So he wasn't complaining.

He reached the two boys' room and was about to knock when he heard something.

He leaned carefully against the door and listened.

"Shut up you morons! You're making too much noise.", a female voice hissed.

"Um...it doesn't help that you're yelling at me to not yell you know.", this was said by Phoenix.

"GUYS! WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON. PHOENIX YOU ASS WHY DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME ANYTHING. AND WHO IS THIS GIRL IN OUR ROOM.", yelled Clive.

Maverick snickered. This kid never failed to amuse him.

Not bothering to knock, Maverick barged in and took a pause.

He radiated with anger. He knew that girl. It was Vani.

She gave him a grin and turned to Phoenix and tilted her head.

Phoenix huffed a sigh. "Again? This is getting ridiculous."

He grabbed a cloth from the table, strode toward Maverick and said, "Sorry not sorry buddy."

Then with lightning fast reflexes Phoenix shoved the cloth under his nose and everything went black.

***