NAINA

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 24

Destination: Northern part of Eastern Earth – Earth

Naina and Maverick were still on the ground, where Roshan and hurled her on him. She hadn't even started thinking of the fact that maybe she was hurting Maverick.

The others rushed over quickly.

"What happened? Are you both ok? We heard an explosion." Phoenix was asking.

Naina slowly got up and pulled Maverick with him.

She simply pointed towards the now smoky area a couple feet from them. How had he managed to throw her so far?

The smoke cleared and they saw a body. Naina dropped down to the ground to puke.

"Who is that? I can't make out." Clive was squinting.

"It's Roshan." Maverick said.

Everybody's eyes widened.

They turned to Naina, "But he was with you." Phoenix whispered.

"He threw me towards him." She jerked her chin to Maverick.

They all walked up to the body. His clothes had been burned off. Roshan's whole body was black. It was impossible to make out who it really was.

"We need to, we need to take him back." She replied numbly.

The boys nodded and got to work. Within ten minutes, they had fashioned a makeshift hammock for him out of their clothes and rifles.

The boys gingerly lifted his body and deposited it on the gurney. Then they each took a corner and looked at Naina.

Without responding, she started moving towards the building. They could now see it.

Once reaching the building, she opened the door and walked in. There were many more injured members, laid down on the ground. Naina ignored all of them. She led Roshan to the centre and the boys put him down.

A crowd was forming around with full of gasps and screams and sobs. Naina ignored all of this.

Finally, the crowd parted and a boy came out. He had a huge grin on his face. Naina almost fainted.

"Naina! So good to see you! You see I wanted to come specially to pick him up! Where is he?" Rohit asked, his grin lighting his whole face up.

That was when it actually hit Naina. He was gone. Roshan was gone.

Maverick, Phoenix and Clive stepped away from the body. Naina took a step towards Rohit.

"I'm so so so sorry." She was crying now.

His face scrunched up in confusion. "What-"

He stopped talking when he saw Roshan.

His eyes. God his eyes. Naina stepped closer and took him in a hug. He was limp under her.

She kept repeating the same thing. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.