ROSHAN

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 19

Destination: Underground

Vani had fainted. Well, Roshan wanted to faint to.

"Mr. Agarwal?" Maverick had rushed out to steady Vani. "How are you here?"

The person in question was as pale as Vani was. "Maverick. What are you two doing here? This is not a place you're supposed to be in." His voice shook.

Maverick shook his head. "You-you died in an accident. You both did. Mrs. Agarwal? She's here too?" His voice kept rising.

The man nodded.

And then suddenly, it was as if he woke out of a trance. He rushed forward to Vani.

"I thought I'd never see her." He whispered as he extended his hand to her forehead.

Maverick pulled her back before the man could touch her. He winced.

"I believe I deserve that. It's good to see you Maverick. She only had you." He said.

"Um. Can someone explain what's going on?" Roshan asked.

The man turned towards him and stood up.

"Well, since you're all my daughter's friends, you can all call me Uncle." He tried for a smile.

None of them smiled back.

The man shuddered. Then locked eyes with Isha and Ayaan.

"You both are not supposed to be here I'm afraid." He said.

The twins smiled and stepped forward. "Believe us Uncle. Right now, your daughter trusts us more than you." Isha said.

His gaze sharpened.

Phoenix nodded towards a still unconscious Vani. "Ayaan could you think up a gurney for her?"

Ayaan nodded. "Give me a minute."

Within a minute, Vani was laid out on the gurney.

Mr. Agarwal nodded. "Follow me please."

Roshan looked back to see Naina. She was expressionless. He took a step back and took her hand. She held on.

As they started walking Maverick whispered, "We do not believe a word of what they tell us. I used to idolise that man. And here I find him alive and well."

The others nodded their consent. Roshan had so not signed up for this. All he wanted was to bring Neha back home safely. He turned back to see that Neha was busy talking to Ayaan.

They followed the man until the path started getting brighter. They were nearing whatever it was.

There was something else going on here. The man would keep looking back to give Roshan a frown. Like he didn't like what he saw there.

"What's your name child?" He finally asked.

"It's Roshan. Why?"

"What's your full name?" He ignored Roshan's question.

"Roshan Panda. Happy?" He snapped.

The man took a deep breath and sighed. "Not one bit."

"Here we are." He said.

It was....unimpressive. Definitely better than the HQ at Resistance. But nothing compared to the other things they'd seen.

There were rows and rows of industrial workbenches with computers and projectors everywhere.