AYAAN

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 18

Destination: Crysaltics Centre

They still didn't learn anything new. He was slumped in a chair, he couldn't see Neha because of the cloak but he could hear boots skidding everywhere. She was pacing. And Isha. She had retreated behind her laptop with that smile.

So Ayaan's sister had a crush on her Earthean. Well well well.

She looked up and caught him staring. "What?"

He shook his head.

But then suddenly, her face paled.

He stood up. "What? Isha what is it?"

"I'm gonna punch him so hard." She whispered to the screen.

"Be more specific."

She turned toward where they could here Neha's boots tapping.

"You're friends are here.", she said quietly.

The tapping stopped. The cloak lifted and they saw Neha.

Her eyes. Holy shit her eyes. They were alive.

"They're here? Oh my god they're here.", she jumped up and went to hug both brother and sister.

Ayaan laughed. He gently extracted himself from the hug. His body was thrumming with energy after that. Wow.

Isha still looked pale as a sheet.

"There's something else isn't there?"

She nodded. "Covey hacked into our systems, of course he did, and changed the docking code of their craft to that of Lil's. When it enters our atmosphere, the signals will be those of Lil's ship."

"But, for a guardian's ship to dock, they need a witness." His eyes dawned recognition.

She caught it too and took a shaky breath.

Neha looked at the two of them with happiness and confusion.

"What? Why can't you both be the witnesses?"

He smiled at her. "Haven't you heard? We're wanted fugitives now. Our statement means Jack."

He saw her gulp.

"I'm going to have to hack into the servers as one of Lil's colleague and write the witness."

"What about Lil?"

Isha had tears in her eyes. "We need to kidnap her."

Ayaan's world tilted. No. NO. Lil was their family. The one person out there who cared about them. He wouldn't let this happen.

Isha saw all of this on his face. She took a tentative step towards him.

"I know. Trust me I know. But what other choice do we have. If what Neha and Covey say is true, then we have a biological weapon infiltrating us in the next few days. These kids from Earth are our only option right now. I hate this as much as you do Ayaan. But this is practical."

He still wasn't having it.

"You're just saying this coz your boyfriend told you to." , he muttered. Shit, he was projecting.

"Ayaan!" His sister was now openly crying. But these tears were caused by him.

Guilt crushed him. This was Isha. He trusted her more than he trusted himself. Why had he said that? Ugh.

He took her hand. "I'm sorry." He said.

It was not enough, he knew it, but his sister smiled and said, "I know."

Someone cleared their throat. They turned. Neha.

"I'm all for sibling love you guys, but, um, my friends are probably only a few feet above us so..." she said.

They laughed.

"Do it." He told Isha.

She nodded.

"Ok, I'm going to take this cloak and take Lil. Alright?" Neha said.

They nodded. She headed for the door.

"Wait!", Ayaan blurted.

Neha turned to look at him, eyebrows up. Waiting.

"Be, um, be careful." He finished lamely.

She laughed, "I'm the kidnapper. Not the kidnappee. Relax."

And with that, she was out the door.

"That was painful to watch.", Isha said.

"Shut up.", He mumbled.