Chapter 6: Meeting "My" Kids

Yuri was awkwardly quiet as she drove me to God only knows where. She'd glance at me occasionally,  then shake her head and sigh. It was a cycle of annoyance.  I could tell she didn't know what to say to me, which was fair because I had absolutely no idea what to say to her. Is there a right thing to say to a girl who you hated your whole life and you suddenly wake up married to her..? Yeah don't think so. She stopped at the pharmacy,  I stayed in the car. I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was longer, my eyes somewhat brighter. I actually had at least a A or maybe even a B cup chest.

Yuri returned to the car like thirty minutes later,  grumbling about how the pharmacy took forever

Yuri returned to the car like thirty minutes later,  grumbling about how the pharmacy took forever. I glanced at myself once more before I questioned hesitantly.
   "Yuri how old are you...well I guess us?"

  "43." She answers putting the car in gear and driving from the parking lot. Okay I guess that means I should just shut up now. 43 though, damn we're like super old, well I mean could be worse, I guess we could've been like eighty.. well 43, so if we're 43 and we've been married twenty years,  then that means  ..hmmm... ugh mental math ... "We were twenty-three when we got married." Yuri supplies me gently and I look at her in shock. How the heck did she just read my mind?!

     Wow twenty-three, that's only five years from eighteen.
  "Oh..." Is all I can manage to say without sounding like a complete asshole because I don't do emotional or kind words. I wasn't use to them.

  "We're home." She mumbled suddenly, I really need to stop spacing out so much. Yuri sighs slightly, turning off the car and getting out,  I was actually really surprised when she walked around the car and opened my door for me. I eyed her critically, because if she was angry with me why'd she open the door for me? I didn't really understand, but then she took my hand and helped me from the car.

  "I'm sorry for being short with you, you're just as upset and confused as I am, and its gonna take us awhile to adjust, but we've done it before...I'm sure this time won't be any different. " Yuri whispered overly optimistic, but I don't really know if she's trying to reassure me or herself.

  "Whoa we live here?" I ask, changing the subject and Yuri sighs but turns to look at what apparently is our house.