Chapter 17: My First Kiss..

Miss C shook her head at me as if I was the most dense person on the planet.
   "what the heck?!" I demand because I was about to kiss Yuri and this chick had to go and interrupt.

    "Funny I was just about to ask you the same question,  what happened to being enemies? " she demanded irritably and I frown.
   "You're the one who said I should get close to her!" I snap and she shakes her head bitterly.

  "I didn't mean for you to have your first kiss be with forty three year old Yuri! You're eighteen right now mentally so slow your roll!" She exclaimed sharply and I splutter because was this kid seriously accusing me of having never kissed anyone before Yuri? I mean technically she's right but how'd this bitch know that.

   "Yuri wouldn't be my first kiss!" I snap and she laughs loudly, shaking her head as if I had said something so funny.
   "Yes she would be, grandmothers and family doesn't count. " she mocks wryly as she shifts on the bed and gives me a smug look.

  "I've kissed other people before!" I bristled and she smirks,

"Yeah you will eventually, but your first kiss should be with eighteen year old Yuri. " she gives me a stern look.

Just as I hear commotion down the hallway.
   "I didn't say that to her mom!" Lin sounded groggy and irritated.  Miss C smirked at me.
   "Oh she most definitely did, I remember it clearly." she whispered to me and I frown.
   "How do you know that?" She opens her mouth, going to make an excuse or something when a deep frown fills her face.

  "Damn it, I gotta go,  fucking Natsuki why do the both of you have to be so kiss happy?!" She grumbles before suddenly little Candy is in her place, sobbing.

  "Hey, hey what's the matter?" I question frantically because I'd never seen this kid cry before.
  "Monsters in my room mama, save me!" She curls around me and I lift her into my arms and find myself padding down the hallway carefully towards her and Darcy's room.  Little Darcy is fast asleep, a hoard of stuffed animals all over her body and bed.

  "Can you show me where the monsters are?" I question gently and Candy sniffs pointing towards her closet and bed. I carefully sit the frantic toddler on her bed and glance underneath.  I frown seeing a small box with red eyes.

  I cautiously reach out, grabbing it and inspecting it closer.  Yup someone had definitely planted this. I turned it to the side switching it off and stood grabbing the closet doors I slid them open, Harry smiled sheepishly up at me.
   "Yuri!" I called out and Candy jumped up running to her brother fist raised.
   "You big meanie!" She sobbed. I was quick to drop the "monsters" and scoop Candy up.

  She turns sobbing into my chest sadly. Just as Yuri and Lin appear at the door.
   "Found Candy's monster." I whisper and Yuri surges forward grabbing his arm and dragging him from the room.

   I carefully walk over to Candy's bed, laying down with her pressed against my chest, it was better this way anyways, that way I wouldn't be tempted to kiss Yuri.  I carefully covered us with blankets and Candy shuffled closer burying her little nose in my hair.
   "Mama stay with me?" She whispered fearfully and I nodded rubbing her back until we both fell into a peaceful slumber.

   "Mama wake up!" I jostled awake, falling off the toddler bed and onto the floor with a painful thump. Ow I think I landed on a Barbie. I sat up pulling out the offending toy, a Bill Nye barbie, nice. I throw it away from me and groan. Candy smiles at me, she's wearing a lab coat and mixing something in the corner of her room.
   "Whoa turbo what are you doing?" I ask shuffling over to her.

  "I calls it Toy away!" She exclaimed merrily and I smirk.
   "Toy away huh? What's that do?" I  humor her and she grins wickedly.
    "Make Harry disappear!" Oh so she'd said boy away, not toy away.