Chapter 15 Own Your Mistakes

I stare at what is my home, and has been for the last few days. Maybe this was my ticket out of my sad life, away from my parents, away from my troubles.

Sure Yuri and I weren't perfect but what relationship is? Maybe I could give this another shot. Ha relationship who would have ever thought that I'd be in an actual semi romantic relationship with Yuri Darren of all people.

Heck if someone had approached me last week or even last month and said I would be married to Yuri,  I'd have probably punched them in the face.

  "Come on Natsuki,  you gotta own up to what you did!" Naomi broke me from my thoughts, she was leaning against her car, having opened the door and was staring at me intently, I nod absently but make no move to actually exit the vehicle.  Naomi rolled her eyes  as she grabbed my arm and dragged me from the car.

This time I am ready, angry Yuri prepare to be  thoroughly apologized to. I followed after the blonde and steeled myself for the whiplash of my rather selfish and spontaneous actions.  If I can deal with my parents, the people who killed their own son and tried to blame it on my blood splatter, then an angry Yuri should be no problem.

  "Why are you just standing there? Come on!" Naomi goes behind me and shoves me forward, jolting me from my deep thoughts once more.
  "On a scale of one to ten how mad do you think Yuri's going to be?" I question the girl and she stops shoving at me and walks around to face me. She cocks an eyebrow at me and puts her hand on her hip.

"A hundred probably. " she smirks tauntingly smug, and I glower at her antics, definitely Monika's child, no doubt about it. I take a few calming breaths,  attempting to slow my breathing.
   "You're a brat." I mumble and she smiles slightly at me.
  "Even with amnesia you never cease to annoy me." She retorts laughing softly.

"Uh huh, were you always a smart ass or just for me?" I question mockingly.
Naomi rolls her eyes, nudging me playfully  and then she walks right up to the door and knocks.

My happiness dims.

Because as I slowly follow, I'm fearful of how angry my supposed family will be. I'm not use to this. To family and making relationships last. So I brace myself for anger, yelling, physical altercation and belittling. I brace myself for the worst.

But none of that comes, because a little girl with bright green eyes nearly toppled me in a tight hug.
   "Mama you're okay! You're okay! You came back!" Darcy buries her little face in my chest and sobs relieved. I hadn't braced myself for this...I don't know what to do. I remember my big brother wrapping me in a hug, comforting me with his comforting touch.

Slowly I hug her back, running my fingers through her pinkish purple hair and she tightens her hold on me considerably.
   "Mama!" Then a little boy, one who looks so much like my brother use to, rushes from the house joining the hug. I wrap an arm around him and hold them close. I don't remember ever feeling so happy. So loved. I bury my face in Harry's bubblegum colored hair and take a unsteady breath. This is what a family felt like.

   "Mama you're alright thank goodness." RJ exclaimed happily as he wraps his arms around all of us, seemingly appearing from nowhere, the kid is so tall. I brush my hand against his in gratitude.
   "Mama is home!" Candy and Lin emerge together, the little girl resting on the latter's hip. I hold the kids tightly and feel their love surround me. It's an overwhelming feeling,  but a good feeling.

The kind that brings warmth and happiness.

  "Natsuki. " Yuri whispers my name and the kids step back from me, but that's okay because Yuri wraps me in a tight embrace. Her passion seeps through me and she sobs into my hair. Her hands run up and down my back. "Don't do that to me, I... thought I'd lost you..." she sniffs clutching me with need, with want.

Somebody wanted me.

-...-....-....-....-....-....-....-....-....-....-....-....-....-....-...

"I'm really sorry about leaving you..." I whisper and Yuri smiles at me as she brushes her hair. After everything settled down and we had put all the kids to bed, we were just sitting in our room.

Ha our room. I really needed to stop being amazed by such little things.  I mean I'm just getting used to all this. Especially having someone who cared about me.

  "I'm just grateful you came back." Yuri murmured softly leaning close to me. I don't know what to do,  she's about to kiss me...and I don't want to lean away...what am I doing? I lean forward,  my fingers brush against hers on the bed she tilts her head. I lean forward.

KNocK KnOck kNoCk

Yuri kisses my cheek and quickly slides off the bed and sways her hips as she walks to the door.
   "Mommy there's monsters under my bed!" Candy exclaimed fearfully as she raced into the room and clambered onto the bed and into my lap.

  "Candy sweetheart,  there is no such thing as monsters, honeybunny." Yuri encourages and Candy scoffs shaking her head.
   "Yet sesame street is full of them." She counters resting her head against my chest.

  "Kid does have a point." I tease and Yuri sighs shaking her head.
  "But those are nice monsters...so there's nothing to be afraid of." Yuri tries again and Candy turns in my lap looking at her mother in contemplation.

  "What about the boogeyman!? He's on Nightmare Before Christmas. " she was floundering now. "Lin said he's gonna eat me!" The little girl whimpered clutching my shirt.

  "Adaline!" Yuri exclaimed bitterly as she stormed from the room. Candy turned towards me sitting back and flashing me a smile.

  "Good now we can talk." I tilt my head in confusion...
   "Huh?" I whisper and suddenly where Candy once was, Miss C now sits.
   "Miss me?"

 To Be Continued

To Be Continued...
So this chapter is dedicated to my Prisky, this is her last few moments on earth and I just wanted to try and update something in her memory.  I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm gonna try and update more...its just gonna be hard.

Thanks to all those who've supported me.

Princess Whiskers
(Priskers, Prisky)
July 31, 2005- August 5, 2019
Rest in Peace