Just Friends

-I... I don't feel that way for Jack- I said after a few seconds of silence.
-Why do I feel like there's something else? What are you hiding? You know I can read you like an open book, so spill it!- She ordered, while getting closer to me, like she was ready to hear my darkest secret.
-It's nothing, Yuna... Now I have a more urgent problem! I need to text Jack back!- I tried to change the subject, not sure why this conversation was getting me all shy.
-You're not getting away with it so easily, but for now I'll let go... So let's see...- She said, taking my phone to read the conversation with Jack.

After a few minutes of intense thinking, Yuna looked up to me.
-Ok, what about you go?-
I was dumbfounded.
-Yuna, I was literally asking you how to tell him that I don't want to go on a date with him and you're telling me to go... What part of my request didn't you understand?- I said, confused.
-No, wait, listen... If you really see him just like a friend, you have to make him understand that...-
-By going on a date with him?- I asked, still not understanding what her point was.
-Just shut up and listen! So, if you act like you're friends, he's gonna understand you don't have that kind of feelings for him without actually telling him, which would hurt him more...- She explained.
It took me a moment to process what she was saying and it kinda made sense.
-Mmm, okay, I see what you mean... But how do I do that? I mean, starting from the fact that he called it a date!- The idea was good, but putting it into practice was much harder.
-Let me take care of it...- She said, starting to type on my phone and I got closer to see what she was doing.

Jack: Yeah, but enough talking about him... So what about tomorrow night? Just the two of us this time...

Shina: Yeah, a friends night out! Sounds fun!

She asked for my permission before sending the text and I agreed.
I really hoped he would understand, I didn't want to hurt him by saying it to his face.

Jack: Great, I'll come and pick you up at 7?

Reading his text, Yuna was shaking her head.
-Nah ah, nothing screams 'date' more than the guy picking you up- She said, while typing.

Shina: No, it's fine, let's just meet somewhere...

Jack: Ok, then where do you wanna go? Cinema? Restaurant?

-Wow, he's really going for the restaurant and cinema combo?! Must be really determined to go on a date with you...- She said, impressed.
-Yuna, come on! What am I supposed to do? Never mind, I'll just tell him... And if he doesn't want to be just friends then I'll deal with it- I said, trying to back out of the plan and get my phone back, but she stopped.
-Wait! Trust me, I know what to do...-

Shina: I was thinking more of something like bowling...

-What? Bowling? I don't know how to do that!-
-Well that's fine, you're a fast learner... Bowling is definitely a friends' date-
-Are you sure about that?-
-I mean, pretty sure... I always go there with my friends when I'm in the U.S.-
-Oh God, Yuna, what does that even mean? Just because you go there with your friends, it doesn't...- I got interrupted by my phone vibrating.

Jack: Sounds fun... Is it one of the new things you're into learning these days?

Shina: Ehm, yeah, I guess...

-Yuna, what the hell... Ok, give it back- I said, trying to take my phone from her hands. And I finally did.
-Oh come on, I helped you, didn't I?- She said, making a cute face, hoping I would forgive her.
-I mean, I guess we'll find out eventually...- I answered, while typing another text to Jack, before he could think I'm stupid.

Shina: I mean, yes, I want to learn, but I know nothing about it...

Jack: That's good, because I don't either... So we're gonna learn something together...

-I can feel it's not gonna end well...- I said, reading Jack's last text.
-What? Why?- Yuna asked.
-I don't know... Shit, I should've never come at that "double date" in the first place... I was so stupid... Obviously he misunderstood...-
-So you really never had any interest for him? Like ever?- She asked, suspicious. -I mean, he doesn't look like the type who would ask a girl on a date if he didn't see something in her that made him think to be liked back-
-Yeah, maybe, you know, the first time we met, I kinda... You know... I mean, it was a normal reaction... His beauty is really out of this world, but that doesn't mean that...- Yuna's laughter interrupted my rambling.
-I can't believe you, Shina... Seriously? You were drooling over him? Now it's clear why he wants to take you out!- She said in between her laughs.
-Yeah, but Yuna, I don't like him like that! I already told you...-
-Yeah, I know, I completely understand... I also have friends who are really handsome but I see them only as friends...- She said, composing herself.
-And we're clearly not talking about Chris- I said smirking.
-Stooop!- She said, pushing me, trying to hold her giggles.
-Okay, okay, I surrender... Let me answer to Jack before he thinks I died- I said raising my hands.

Shina: Good, then see you tomorrow...

Jack: Yeah, I'll find a bowling place near your house so you don't have to go too far, since you said we'll meet there...

Shina: You really don't have to... But thanks... I'll wait for the address... Bye

Jack: Bye :)

I put down my phone and Yuna was still with her head in the clouds, smiling.
-You're still thinking about Chris? I can't believe you... Are you in love or something?-
-What?- She said, getting out of her thoughts, but then she realized what I had just said. -What! No! I mean... It would be crazy, wouldn't it?- She asked me.
-Yuna, it's fine if you are... But will you tell him?-
-No! Are you crazy? I've known him for less than a week and we've seen each other like three times.... Wait! What time is it? Shit, he's picking me up in less than half an hour! I have to get ready!- She said, running to the bedroom.