Mission Failed?

I spent a good ten minutes thinking about what to text Jungkook. Finally, I decided to just be honest and see what happened.

Shina: I'm sorry, I'm busy today...

I didn't really know whether I had to give him the cold shoulder or not. I wanted to, because of what he said the night before, but I mean, it's Jungkook. It was easier to be mad at Justin. But this time, weirdly enough, I wasn't. I actually wanted to see him again, I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. I felt all sort of emotions. Emotions that I didn't want to feel, but that I liked. It was all so weird and confusing.

Jungkook: When will you be free then? Sorry, I just really need to talk to you...

Oh God, what does he want to talk about? I don't want to talk about what happened! It will be embarrassing... Because he clearly didn't want to kiss me, only Justin did. At least I hope so... I mean, not that I'm hoping he likes me, I'm just saying that I kissed him back, so at this point both of them should know that I liked it and I'm hoping that at least one of them liked it too... Just so it's not even more embarrassing than it already is!

Shina: If it's about last night, we have nothing to talk about... Let's just pretend it never happened...

Jungkook: Please, I just want to clear things out

Shina: No, end of the story! Now I have to go, bye

I didn't want to be so rude, I was just trying to avoid him and the conversation. Even though I was going to see him at school on Monday anyway. But delaying the unavoidable it's still better than any other option.

-Hey, so...- Jack called me. Then he looked at Chris in the back seat, who was looking dramatically outside of the window, and moved his mouth to ask me "Where the hell are we going?"
I mouthed an "I don't know", then I thought about it for a bit and mimicked someone boxing. Jack got the hint and seemed to like the idea. I was just hoping Justin wasn't there. Or maybe this time I was hoping he was. I wasn't sure.

When we got there, Chris looked a bit more lively. He probably was in the mood for throwing some punches. He had a match with Jack and the coach Lee was also there for moral support. We were near the ring, watching the two fight and then he talked to me.
-So, the little Chris is in love, uh?-
I was caught off guard by his question. I mean, how did he know?
-Uhmm, yeah, he and my cousin Yuna, the girl who was also here last time we came by, are together now, but she left today, so...-
-Yeah, I know, Chris is like an open book to me. We're very much alike, so I can tell when he has something on his mind-
I didn't know what to answer, so I just nodded. It was fascinating how he figured all of this out, just by looking at Chris.

When the two brothers had spent all of their energies, they decided it was time to go and eat something. I took my phone to see the time and it was actually lunch time, so we said bye to coach Lee and got back into Chris's car. When I checked the phone I also noticed that Jungkook didn't answer anymore to my text and I started feeling bad for treating him like that. And I couldn't understand why, because I never feel bad whenever I do something like this. If I'm rude to someone, usually it's because they deserve it, so I never feel guilty. But with him and Justin, I always have regrets about the things I say.

Jack drove us to Chris's favorite place to eat. It was like a diner where they sold panini and pizza and stuff like that. Chris was so happy to see that place's sign from the car, he looked like a kid. We got inside and ordered our food and while Chris looked like he was in heaven, Jack and I exchanged satisfied looks. Our mission to distract Chris was definitely a success.
After lunch, Chris asked if we could go to the game arcade that was right next to the diner. Jack later told me that he is obsessed with video games, especially the old ones and I thought I should share the information with Yuna, maybe it could give her an idea for a date or a gift. I decided to text her once she had landed. In the meantime, Jack and I were looking for a game to play in the arcade while Chris was busy with Pac-Man and Donkey Kong.

I have to admit I had fun with those two that day and even though the point was to distract Chris, I got distracted too from the things that were occupying my mind lately. When it was late enough and we had spent enough money on those machines, we left the arcade and they offered to drive me home. I agreed and we got into the car.

-Guys, I really appreciate what you've done today... Thank you for trying to distract me...- Chris said from the backseat at one point.
Jack and I looked at each other shocked.
-What? You knew?- Jack asked him.
-Of course, guys, I thought you knew that I knew... Anyway thank you- He said, getting us even more confused.
-At least did we manage to distract you?- I asked, hoping that our plan worked at least on that side.
-Not even for a second...- He said laughing.
-What?!- Jack and I both said at the same time.
-I mean, it's not your fault, guys, it's just that in my mind I was hoping I could share all the fun things we did with her...- Chris said with dreamy and sad eyes.
Jack and I instantly pretended to throw up and Chris burst out laughing.