First Date

-I hope to see me...-
-Well, do you see anyone else around here?- I said, wanting to be sarcastic and annoy him, since he finds my sarcasm annoying, but the result was only that smug smile of his.
-Don't!- I said.
-I'm not doing anything...- He said, letting go of my hand and taking a pair of keys out of his pocket.
-You're boosting your ego... Silently, but you're still doing it...- I started to miss the warmth of his hand.
-If you say so...- He said, continuing to smile. -After you...- He then added after opening the door.
-No, thanks... I'd rather have you lead the way...- I said, still not trusting this whole situation.
-Whatever... Then don't say I'm not a gentleman...- He answered, getting inside before me.
-That's not what makes a gentleman...- I said, following him into the dark building. All the lights were off and I could barely see my feet. I was about to reach out to him for help, when he turned on the lights.
-But isn't it what every girl wants?- He asked.
-Well, not me... I'd rather have you not yelling at me for more than 2 minutes than have you opening a freaking door for me...- I answered honestly.
-Well, we've been here for more than 2 minutes, I'm doing pretty good, aren't I?- He said, smiling.
I had to admit he was being unusually calm, except for when I asked him if I had to follow him, which was justifiable since it was pretty stupid of me to ask that, but I was never going to say that out loud.
-Yeah, but let's not talk too soon...- I said, not wanting to bet on the outcome of the night.
He started to walk across the huge hall, which looked even more big now that it was empty. Then he stopped in his tracks and turned to me.
-You have to follow me... If you were wandering...- He said, trying not to laugh and starting to walk again.
-Ha ha funny... I was going to do it anyway...- I answered, offended by his mockery, and followed him.
-Yeah, right...-
I hate it when he makes fun of me like that. It makes me turn all red and it's probably not out of anger. I feel stupid. He makes me feel stupid. I hate it.
-Can you stop? I mean, I'm here, you should be grateful that I came without even knowing why... You get all defensive when I make fun of you but you still do that to me... I might as well leave, if that's why you.....- I stopped talking as soon as he opened the door that led to the room where we first kissed.
There was a table set with a lot of stuff to eat and a candle in the middle.
-Wh... What is this?- I was pretty confused.
-I guessed you would be hungry...- He said, scratching his neck. For the first time that night he was uneasy and I should have been satisfied by that, but I was too focused on understanding what was going on to be my salty self.
-Why... did you do this?- I asked, still not happy with his answer.
-Well... No reason in particular... Let's just eat...- He said, hurrying towards the table.
Now I was starting to enjoy his awkwardness, even though I was a little embarrassed myself. I mean, he prepared all of this for me? And here... Where we first kissed... Is this just a coincidence?
I followed him and sat at the table.
-And is there a reason to why you chose this place?-
-Mmm, don't know...- He answered, putting some pasta in my plate. -Just wanted some privacy... Did you want to go to a restaurant?- He asked, thinking I was complaining about the place.
-No, I'm just saying why this room? I don't think it's the only room in the entire building... I think this place has at least 3 floors...- I said trying to make him understand that I wasn't unsatisfied with his choice, I was just eager to know if he chose this room for a specific reason. That being the fact that we had our first kiss here.
-4- He said, while putting some pasta into his plate too. He noticed my confused look. -The building, it has 4 floors, not 3...- He smiled.
You're not fooling me, mister. I know what you're trying to do and it's not gonna work... I invented the changing topic technique... Well, I probably didn't, but still I'm a master in it, so you can't get me there...
-Are you avoiding my question?- I asked him.
-The food is getting cold...- He said, starting to eat.
-You know the conversation isn't over, right?- I warned him.
-Why would it be? We have plenty of time to talk after we eat...- He said, pouring some water into our glasses.
-You know tomorrow there's school, right?- I said, trying to make him understand that we didn't really have that much time after dinner, since my parents were probably going to call me as soon as they got home, telling me to get back.
-Of course I know, why else would I have just poured water into our glasses... I'm even doing Jungkook a favor... Tell him to thank me...- He answered in a way that looked so cute to me. I giggled.
-I'm talking about the time... We need to go back home and sleep... If you really want to do Jungkook a favor, you'll do that too...- I said finally starting to eat and instantly falling in love with that dish.
I should probably learn how to cook Italian dishes after learning their language.
-Ok, then talk now if you want...- He said, realizing right after that I was eating like crazy.
Why do I always embarrass myself like this?!
-Easy, you're gonna choke!- He said, laughing.
Just then I realized what I was doing.
-I'm...- I swallowed the food and then kept talking. -I'm sorry, it's just really good...- I said, blushing.
-I'm glad you like it... Since I didn't really know your tastes, I went for what I like... At least one of us would have been happy...- He said laughing.

I was starting to get addicted to his laugh. It was different from Jungkook's. It was louder and less shy. Most of the time it would be a mocking laugh, but I still loved it.