Chapter 47

Melanie's POV

Brent stayed at my house last night. I feel bad. Why would I do this to him? Maybe he thinks that I'm cheating.

I got up and made a bowl of Frosted Flakes for Brent and I. He was still asleep so I clearly had to get him up.

"Brent! Get up!" I yelled next to his ear.

"Whyyyy?" He said rolling over.

"I made breakfast," I said.

"Fine."

We walked to the kitchen where I set up the cereal bowls when my phone went off with two text messages. Yay! I'm popular.

💕Jessica 💕: spent the night w/ hayes. Be back by lunch.

Calum 😍🎶🎸: heading to dunks with Michael now! See u in a few :))

Brent ate while I saw what Jess and Cal texted me. Why is she with Hayes? She should have been home. She's lucky dad isn't here. He's too busy planning his wedding... In Hawaii.

"So what are you doing today?" Brent asked putting his bowl in the sink.

"Just gonna hang out with Calum and Michael. Are you sure you don't want to come?" I still feel bad.

"It's fine. We can watch a movie or something when you get back."

"Fine. Just text me. Okay?"

"I will," he said kissing my cheek. "I'm gonna head home. I'll see you later."

"Okay."

He left and I bolted up the stairs to take a shower. I grabbed my One Direction Our Moment shower wash thing and just washed up.

After my shower, I put on basic blue jeans with a stripped crop top. For makeup, I did eyeliner, mascara, and foundation. My everyday routine. I texted Calum to tell him that I was on my way.

On my way there, they're song came on, and they sounded great! No wonder why everyone loves them.

I saw them inside and ran up to hug Michael.

"Hey, Mikey!" I said hugging him tightly.

"Hey," he said.

"So it is hey!" I laughed.

"What?"

"Is it hi or hey?"

They both started to crack up, so that was basically my cue to go get something. I ordered a small pumpkin coffee with whipped cream.

"You know, Jess is going to be so pissed off at me," I said walking back to the table. "But who cares right?"

"So where's your boyfriend?" Michael asked.

"He didn't want to come. He said that you're my friends and I should have some time with you," I said looking down. "How did you know I have a boyfriend?"

"Calum told me. He hasn't stopped talking about you since we got here to see Luke," Michael said. I looked over at Calum and he was mouthing to Michael to shut up.

"Oh really?" I said laughing. It's kinda cute. No. Brent. Think of Brent.

"No he's lying," Cal spoke up.

"Okay..."

"What should we do?" Calum asked changing the subject.

"I wanna see a movie!" Michael practically yelled.

We went and saw Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, no good, very bad day. It was alright. I wouldn't see it again.

"I have to get going. I'll text you guys later," I said hugging Michael then Calum.

"Okay," they said.

"And tell Ashton I said hi!" I yelled as I got in my car.

"Mel! Wait!" Calum yelled running towards me. I wasn't facing him, so I didn't see him. I turned around quickly then his lips were pressed against mine. It was only for a few seconds, then he ran away. I stood there in shock.

My best friend just kissed me.