Chapter 49

Melanie's POV

Top story today: Calum Hood and mystery girl! Who is this cute Aussie kissing? And why was he in such a hurry to leave? Details to come. *Photo in a small town in Massachusetts: East Bridgerwater.

No. No. No. This isn't good. Everyone is going to see this. Brent.

I was home alone because Hayes brought Jess out somewhere. Pacing back-and-forth I was afraid. What was Brent going to do if he saw this? Is he going to break up with me? Will he understand? Will he listen to me? All these questions were going through my mind when there was a knock downstairs.

Was that Brent? Or was it Calum?

Why am I thinking about Calum?! Why would he kiss me? He's told me that he used to have a crush on someone, but never told me who.

I went downstairs and opened the front door to expose who was standing there. Without any warning, he forced his soft lips right on mine. Sparks were all over the place.

He shut the door, with his foot, not letting his lips leave mine. Our lips moved in sync. This was the best, and first, make out session I've ever been in. He pushed me against the wall, while his tongue was looking for an entrance into mine. I gracefully accepted his request. My hands going all through his hair, his hands going up my shirt.

We found our way to the couch with me on the bottom. Our lips stayed connected. After about 5 minutes over both of us on top of each other, we finally broke apart.

"What was that for?" I asked Brent.

"Just trying to show you that I love you," he said catching his breath.

"So you didn't see the news?" I asked looking down.

"Oh I saw alright. But listen to me when I tell you this," Brent said. I could hear the slight anger in his voice. "You need to choose. Me. Or Calum." He got up and left, leaving me to figure everything out.