1|Practice Makes Perfect

a/n: i know this is a short chapter, this is just a basic start to the book and i didn't want the intro to be too long, but the rest of the book will be longer. if there are any mistakes please let me know so that i can fix it and make it a better book. plz enjoy :)

the characters speak Korean but i write what they are saying in English, i will also make it clear when they speak English.

~(time skips)

italics (inner thoughts)

*edit/since many people are asking, it's Mark Tuan*

"Y/N, remember to keep your feet diagonal, that's where your mistakes are happening. You're having to twist your whole body just to be able to swing at your opponent, and remember your quick steps we both know that's your advantage point." Your trainer, Mark advised.

"Ok coach." You quickly stepped back up to the ring. "You ready?" You panted whilst turning back to your training partner, Minho.

"Uhh, ready as I'll ever be, being your punching bag." He laughed.

Minho was a close friend of yours, you two had met a few years ago when he joined the same boxing classes that you took. Ever since then he had become like an older brother, you two sticking by each other through thick and thin.

He was a strong opponent and could easily take you down, but the one thing he lacked was the intelligence and strategic side of boxing.

His only tactic was to hit as hard as he could. Every time he fought against you he would just try to hit you, but you on the other hand, always knew how to tire him out and you would eventually win.

You knew all of his movements before he would strike, it was always two steps and then a quick jab with the opposite hand, any other time that he would fake he only took one step.

As you were watching his footsteps, you knew that he wouldn't strike because of the single step that he took. You took the opportunity to right hook his gut, he stumbled back a bit from the impact, but remained unfazed whilst regaining his posture.

"Come on man, you should have seen that one coming."

"No, I did, you're just too quick to be able to block."

"Yeah yeah, you're just getting old, old man."

"Just shut up and keep fighting, you need all the practise you can get before tomorrow's fight."

You both laughed facing each other again.

~

After you had finished training, you headed for the showers. Grabbing your phone out of your bag, you checked to see if you had any new messages.

| :big boss: [next one down is Bangchan, I'll send you the info soon]

| :Y/N: [ok, easy done]

You didn't mind your job, you worked as a hitman for the government, killing many gang leaders. It wasn't the best of jobs, but being so nimble and stealthy yet so strong, it was the perfect job for you.

Turning off your phone you placed it back in your bag, stepping into the shower, the hot water fogging up the windows.

(word count/525) -with a/n