34|Why?

The next day you woke up slightly happier than normal. It still hurt not having Mark or the rest of Got7, but at least you had Chan and all of StrayKids.

When you got down stairs, you saw Felix sitting at a chair, eating some breakfast.

"Morning." You mumbled.

"Morning, hey what was yesterday about, so much for some time." He tried to make the topic as happy as he could.

"Oh, I just knew it was better to just rip the bandaid off, the longer I waited, the worse it was going to get, thanks to you I was able to do so." You gave him a small smile.

You made yourself some breakfast and sat down next to him, slowly eating your food.

It wasn't long until the house was busy once again, each of the members stopping by the kitchen to get food and then sit somewhere else to eat it.

After everyone had settled down and you had finished eating you washed up your dishes and headed upstairs to clean yourself.

As you were opening your door, you felt a soft presence behind you, stopping for a second before placing his hands on your waist turning you around and pulling you into his warm embrace.

"You know Chan, I could get used to mornings like this." You gave him a small smile.

"Oh really now, I might just have to make this a frequent event then." He replied.

The two of you enjoyed each other's company for a little while, eventually pulling away to continue with what you were doing for the day.

As you were brushing your hair, you heard a loud voice calling your name.

"Y/N, come quick!" Chan instructed.

You quickly finished tying your hair and made your way down the hallway to Chan's office.

As you got in there the others were sitting themselves down in their seats.

"Ok, we just got news of a new mission, it will take place tonight at the warehouse again. It shouldn't be too bad, it's only us who should be there, we will be leaving at 5 o'clock, questions?" Chan informed.

Everyone stayed silent, a good sign for him to finish the meeting.

"Ok, good, Y/N, stay back, everyone else, continue with what you were doing."

They all left one by one and eventually it was just the two of you in the room.

"I don't want you going on this mission, you'll stay home and if you want or need, one of us can stay with you, but I don't think it's a good idea for you to come." He spoke softly.

"Wait how come, I want to come, I can help." You tried to sway his mind.

"Y/N, it's the warehouse that Mark died at. It's not a good idea, it will just bring everything back and you need to have a clear mind going through the mission. I'm sorry."

You didn't know what to say, only being able to let out a small "oh" in understanding, seeing your state, Chan pulled you into him, wrapping his arms around you, comforting you as if you were a fragile porcelain doll.

You quickly wiped your nose and sniffled, "I understand."

He gave you a soft kiss on the forehead before letting go and walking the two of you to the door.

"Like I said if you need one of us to stay, let me know. We should be back by 8 at the latest, I've gotta get ready now." He gave you a quick hug, squeezing you a bit tighter than usual.

The day passed on quickly and you found yourself occupied by cleaning up the house a bit.

It didn't feel like long until all of the boys began joining at the front of the house, making sure everything was ready.

You saw them out and made sure they were alright to go, praying that it all went smooth for them.

After they had all gone you made your way down to the training rooms and let out all of your emotions on a punching bag.

Everything that had been filling your mind, Marks death and your feelings for both him and Chan, eventually overflowing you, consuming you to the point of a breakdown.

You needed this, you needed the ability to release some stress and also to get active again and let your emotions run free.

You hadn't realised how long it had been until you heard the click of the front door opening, indicating the others being home.

You quickly cleaned up and washed yourself before returning to the others, where you only found half of them, Seungmin, Hyunjin, Changbin, Minho and Jisung.

"Hey where are the others?" You questioned, as they ever so slightly lowered their heads.

(word count/803)

an: I am so sad but happy to say that Boxer is coming to a close, thank you all for reading, I hope you will enjoy the final chapter