Discharge.

Cleo walked in, dressed in a sexy ass pantsuit and some heels. She looked concerned. I missed when she was concerned about me.

"C - how did you know I was here?" I asked.

She sat down beside me and waited on the nurse to leave the room,

"I got you discharged from the facility. I don't want you getting hurt again and I want you home," she said lowly and put her hand on mine. The familiar warmth of her love sent a ripple of fear and excitement down my spine. I literally had goosebumps.

"How did you get me discharged? I was court ordered, it's not that simple..." I argued.

"I paid for 24 hour psychiatric care while you're at home. Dr. Dove signed off on it as a care plan. You're home free with me."

My eyes began to water, I was so relieved that I didn't have to go back to that fucking prison and sleep next to a crazy bitch that wanted to stab me. I was fucking dreading going back, I had already been disappointed that I wasn't hurt worse, because I knew they'd send me "home" tonight with these minor injuries. Cleo always took care of me, and all I did was yell at her and act like a crazy bitch. I don't know how I ever got her in the first place - oh fuck that's right. I stole her. Guilt washed over me and I thought about Margo. I hoped she was okay...but I didn't want to ruin this moment with Cleo. She was all that mattered for now on, because I had always been all that mattered to her, I was just too blind to see it.

Cleo wiped my tear away that was running down my left cheek,

"It's okay baby," she cooed and rubbed my cheek with her thumb.

I leaned my body towards her as she scooted her chair closer to the bed so we could make skin contact.

"C, why did you do that for me? Last time I saw you I lost my shit. Why aren't you scared of me?" I asked her, looking to her face for an expression.

She rubbed her lips together before speaking slowly,

"Because I love you and I understand you're going through something in your head that I have not gone through. Dr. Dove seems to think you're improving. And that letter...I saw you again. I felt like I had the old you back when I read it, the you that had protected me. I missed you,"

She wrapped her arms around me engulfing me in a hug and I hugged back, then the nurse walked in the room with paperwork,

"So you'll be the guardian signing for discharge?" She asked Cleo,

"Yes."

Cleo signed.