Chapter 3, Off To The Country

Katelyn's POV

I have this overwhelming guilt. I'm still shocked that I just did that, but it was self-defense so I did what had to be done. I keep driving thinking of my actions and that poor girl, I wonder what little kid zombies and baby zombies would look like? I'm sure Felicity would be thinking the same thing, I laugh to myself getting lost in my thoughts. 

SMASH!

 I have eerie sounds in my ears, my head is throbbing, what's going on? Why can't I see? Why am I in pain? 

I take a moment to recollect myself and my blurry vision begins to come back, my head still throbbing, I take my seatbelt off and I'm confronted with my airbag, I slowly manage to get out of the car. Everyone starts coming over to help me and I smile to myself, but as they get closer they aren't my friends.

Their Zombies.

Three zombies speed walk towards me and I start running away from them towards the cars ahead, I hear familiar yells. It's my friends. An adrenaline rush starts pumping in my body and start sprinting for my life. My friends are at least 100 meters ahead but I feel amazing, I feel happy, I just feel safe that my friends are waiting for me, at least im safe. Sort of. I keep running, until I stumble over a can of food and hear a baby crying.

An abandoned car, I hear it as I walk closer towards it the cry gets louder and check the backseat to see a newborn baby crying, he looks at me and cries. My heart melts that this poor baby had lost its mother. I look back at the zombies and think to myself zoning out of the world, I can't leave it alone to die. I quickly get the baby out of the car seat and run to Jess's car and get in. She looks at me with shock. "Where the hell did you get that?" she asks me confused.

"He was abandoned in a car seat, no sign of the mother, so I saved him, he's so precious." I say in awe of the baby.

"Alrighty then. Good luck explaining that to Elijah." Jess says weirded out.

Felicity steps on the gas and turns the monster truck around, while running over the zombies that were chasing me. "Uhhh you're going the wrong way..." Jess says awkwardly.

"I know, we are getting the fuel and supplies, can't just leave it there." Felicity replies. As we go we meet up with the rest of the group. 

"Hey, are you oka- OMGGGGG BABYY!!!" Dezi said very excitedly as she completely forgets about me.

"Where did it come from?" Mia questions visibly confused.

"Where do you think it came from?" Jess smirks as Felicity tries to hold in her laugh from the dirty comment. 

"CAN I HOLD HIMMM?!!" Dezi asks very excited.

"Sure," I say as I hand the baby to her. We start up the cars again and keep driving.

~10 minutes later~

As we get to the house we all go upstairs to meet Henry and catch up with each other, Henry sees dezi holding the baby and starts freaking out ...

"Uh babe, who's baby is that, it can't be mine can it? I swear I only saw you last week!" Henry comments with his eyes widened staring at the baby. 

"Haha no, Katelyn found him in an abandoned car when she got in a car crash and got chased by zombies." Henry just stares at her in confusion ."Anyways all good now." Dezi says laughing.

"Dezi can you explain to Henny boo what's going on?" I ask. He hates it when people call him that, so I just do it to annoy him. 

"Yup" she replies.

I walk upstairs to Elijah's bedroom to look for a blanket to take into the lounge room. Elijah comes up behind me, wraps his arms around my waist, leaning his head on my shoulder. I jump from fright then relax when he kisses my cheek, smelling his familiar smell. "Hey," I say tiredly as I fall onto his bed.

"Hey," he says as he leans over me kissing me on the nose then the lips. "How are you? are you ok I heard you got into a car crash?" he asks concerned.

"Oh yeah that, I'm fine," I tell him running my fingers through his hair. He shuts the door. He picks me up kissing me while running his hand along my lower back and my waist. I wrap my legs around his waist kissing him back deeply and passionately.

"I missed you." he says in between kisses.

"I missed you too babe," I say. He lays me down on the bed and pulls off my cropped tank top, leaving me in my sports bra and black denim shorts. He starts kissing down my stomach and back up to my neck, to my lips. Until Mia came.

"Hey lovebirds," Mia says laughing making everyone around her laugh too. I roll my eyes at her then wink. 

"Alrighty so have you packed all of your essentials and food??" I ask Henry. "Yeah" 

"Cool," I say, then we all leave Elijah's house in our cars and I ride with Elijah while Dezi rides with Henry and Felicity drives Dezi's car.

Off to the country we go.

Heyy guys hope you liked this chapter a little bit of romanceeee!! more romance will be coming!!

Love you guys <3

Vote and Comment xx

Also, I've started using POV'S because I'm going to make some parts of chapters from different perspectives.