Chapter 30, Stay with me

Felicity's POV

I can't breathe. I can't speak. Everything is dark. We drove so fast I think we broke the record beating a cheater, Josh can't die on me. He won't talk or open his eyes, he's scaring me. We park right in front of the hospital and clear the perimeter of the 2nd floor so we can carry Josh to a hospital bed and try wake him.

"Josh, Josh I'm right here. Please don't die on me. You can't leave me." I say whispering. Tears creep out of my tear ducts. Dezi comes and hugs me. I hold her tight, I won't squeeze her as hard because it could hurt her. My tears drench her dress, but she doesn't care.

"Ok Taylor and I will take care of this, we don't have that much time but I'm sure we'll make it." Jess says looking for more equipment.

The hospital didn't change. The only level that got messed up is the bottom floor, it's completely deserted. Thank gosh. Dezi and I leave the room. All the girls huddle around me. I couldn't be more grateful to have these girls, their my sisters. Besides all my brothers these girls are like family. The guys have gone to make sure the rest of the hospital is clear. We can't have any more interuptions.

Taylor opens the door and tells me to come in. I see the virus spreading through his veins, a cold breeze goes down my spine. "Wha-What do we do? We can't kill him, please he hasn't turned. I need him." I cry.

"We have 2 options. One we kill him right here right now, or we...chop his hand off." Jess said trying to avoid eye contact with me. I don't take that long to answer.

"Chop it, just chop it. He's not dying on me, chop it." I say angrily. I don't care that he'll lose a hand, we can replace it with a hook, or some sort of other hand were not wasting his life. Losing his hand is the only option, I just hope he forgives me for it. 

"Ok, we'll get the saw." Taylor says pulling the saw out. Jesus why is there a saw in a fucking hospital?!

"Do you want to stay?" Jess asks me as she puts the mask over her mouth. I nod. 

They make sure Josh is still asleep and start numbing his arm. They start to slice his wrist and I see a shit ton of blood come pouring out. I turn around and take deep breaths. I keep thinking, Josh will live he's gonna be alright. He's just losing a hand. Omg I can hear how wrong that sounds. I can hear him silently scream inside. He's waking up, but their still removing his hand!

Mia's POV

We arrive at the hospital and it's completely deserted. Not a zombie, human, or living thing in sight. Everything is either dead or destroyed on the bottom floor, the only thing that is the least bit alive is us. But even I'm beginning to think that I'm not gonna make it through all of this, at this point in time.

Before all of this madness, at the mansion, everything seemed bad and nerve racking but since we've left everything has just gone to a whole new level of crazy. I don't know how far we are willing to go. Who knows if were the last hope of human kind. It's still worth a try even at the biggest risk.

We take Josh up to the surgery room and Taylor explains the news that Josh either has to die or his hand has to be amputated. Felicity wastes no time with her decision and aggressively agrees to the amputation. I can't bear this I'm going crazy and it seems that things are just getting worse by the second.

I make my way out of the room and find an empty examination room. I walk in and shut the door. I see a pillow and doona with a mattress on the ground. I grow worried. I slowly and dead silently creep closer towards it. So much is going through my mind at this moment. Is someone sleeping here? Why would there be an unmade bed on the ground? Why is there a lump in the bed!? And why the fuck is the lump moving?!