Chapter 18, They're coming

Jess's POV

"Hey, I'm back," I say happily to Mia. 

"Omg, where were you! I had to send Aiden out to find you!" She replies running up and hugging me. 

"Well, I was actually collecting zombie flesh to work on different experiments to understand the virus a bit more," I tell her. "Jess, you lied to me you said you were getting firewood and then you didn't come back. Instead, you went and got flesh to experiment on? It's so dangerous outside of the fence and you could've died! I understand your love for science and that you've been practising really well lately but its not safe, but I'm still glad you're ok." She replies with a look of relief on her face.

I head down to the lab and go through the quarantine wash and step into the clean workspace. Now where is my extraction kit...oh wait there it is right on my desk. I reach out of my backpack of the flesh sitting in the jar and set my kit out neatly on the table. I open my blood extraction kit and use a pipette to get the blood out of the tube. I take it over and put it in a test tube. Next, I put it in the DNA scanner and find out more about it. Genetics, blood type, ect.

I take the blood out of the DNA scanner and look at the results. OMG. It's Kickxellomycotina. One of the rarest fungi of all time. It is proved to have a deadly effect of an instant adrenaline rush and then it shuts down all of your organs and kills you. It must be mixed with something. But what? 

I move onto the flesh. I go through all of the genetics on the flesh. I've found it. I know how to make a cure. I need to mix Kickxellomycotina mixed with phosgene, sarin, cyanide, nitrogen, neon, and digoxin. That will create the cure. The cure for mankind. I begin mixing all of the chemicals together. I'm hoping to myself that  the cure works. 

I've finished it. The cure is finished. I DID IT! Its small but it's enough to test it on one person, I need to test it but on who?

Aiden's POV

I begin to find my way back up the hill and towards the mansion. I must've walked for miles. I'm not even tired, I guess zombies don't get tired, after all we don't breathe. I can't believe I'm actually a zombie and I can understand others like me. It's like something we have never known before. I miss Jess. She will never want me back looking like this. I've seen how I look and it's terrifying. 

The mansion comes into my view. So does the electric gate. I smell blood. Human blood. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, I am not eating my friends. I try to turn myself away from them but it's impossible. I smell fresh blood. I can't resist it.

It's like magic. A magnetic force is pulling me towards it making me electrocute myself. I wince the pain but it isn't that painful. I'm smashing against the gate. I see Jess in the window walking out of her lab looking happy, did she do something in the lab? A cure maybe. Hopefully. She looks out the window and she stares at me. I see her open the window as she tries to get a good look. The look on her face shows it all.

Jess'd POV

I quickly finish up in the lab and store the test tubes with the yet to see cure. I walk out through the quarantine doors. I walk past the window beginning my way down the hallway. I back up because I see someone on the other side of the gate. It's a male zombie. He has blonde hair kind of like Aidens. I think his eyes are blue. I catch him looking at me. 

I open the window to get a better look. OMG it's Aiden. I'm in shock. I'm balling my eyes out right now. I rush back into the lab and inject myself with the cure. I rush outside and sprint up to the fence. I look at Aiden. It's him. I can't believe it. I open the gate from the switch in the mini outdoor control room. The gate opens. Aiden starts limp running towards me. I feel streams of tears running down my cheeks. I run to him. 

I wrap my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me too. He bites my neck. I yell in pain. I feel blood being drained from my body. I feel my organs shut down. I fall to my knees. An intense pain hits me. My spine snaps in all ways. I open my eyes. It's bright. I'm ok. 

I see Aiden. Zombie Aiden. 

"Aiden? Is that you?" I ask. "Yes." He replies. I'm in shock. I'm talking to Aiden. He is a zombie. "How is this possible?" I ask. 

"Welcome to the world of undead. We are like birds. We talk a different language nobody understands except us." He replies. "I've missed you so much. I didn't even know you had gone, why did you go in the first place?" I ask him. "To look for you, I thought something bad had happened and look where it got me."

We walk away from the mansion together. Hand in hand. We walk into the woods and get ready to start our new lives. War. Survival. Power.

Mia's POV

Where. The. Hell. Is. Jess.

I haven't seen her anywhere. I look outside to see if she left again. What I see is heart stopping. I see Jess hugging Aiden as a zombie. I watch in shock as she turns. I rush downstairs hoping to stop them both but I trip over something rolling out of the lab. I see a syringe. It's used and empty. 

It has a tiny bit of some blue substance left in the bottom of it. I instantly get the thought that it was Jess. She has tried to make the cure. She has taken it! I watch Jess and Aiden out the window for a moment. They seem to be communicating with each other. I sit on the couch looking out the window as I watch Jess and Aiden walk hand in hand out of the mansion and into the forest.  I wonder to myself if the antidote works.

I go into the lab. I inject myself with the antidote. I feel a massive pulse go through my body. I feel nauseous. That was a bad idea. I go into my room and lie down. I shut my eyes trying to process all of the events and what I just saw. I must be dreaming. I keep asking myself all of these questions. The nausea comes back. 

I shut my eyes and feel the strong electric pulse go through my mind again. Ah fuck. Am I ok. This was a stupid idea. What. Is. That. Omg. Omg. Omg. I'm not controlling this. I scream and feel a substance come through my eyes. I wipe at my eyes. I see red. Is it blood? 

HEYYYY. Did you enjoy this chapter?? 

VOTE & COMMENT <3

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!! xxxxxx

LYYYYYY <33333333

Goodbye.  

Katelyn out.

*leaves*