Chapter 21, One Last Kiss

Jess's POV

Everyone went their separate ways to find Dezi. I go around to the lab to see if any zombies came near and I was right! There's glass shattered everywhere, and then I see a body. Dezi, oh fuck its Dezi. I run towards her and she looks like a zombie, no, no, this is not happening she can't die on me, she's my best friend, she can't leave me, I'm not ready to say goodbye. 

"I FOUND HER! HURRY!" I yell. Dezi please don't be dead. I'm holding both her hands, I don't care if she wakes up and tries to kill me, I just need her to wake up. Oh my gosh oh my gosh! Her eyes are opening, I can't believe it ...how is this possible?

Felicity's POV

"Ok so she's not in the bedroom, she's not in any of the bathrooms and she's not in any of the closets, Dezi has completely left existence." I say flopping down on the bed. 

"Don't give up just yet, we haven't checked the garden yet," Josh says in his sexy as voice. "You have a good point I saw her picking the roses befo- " I FOUND HER! HURRY" I heard jess yelling from downstairs. 

We both look at each other then start running downstairs. We see Elijah and Katelyn come running inside the big space along with Mia and Ethan to see Jess limping in the distance. Henry then came running towards Jess to see Dezi, a zombie. Holy shit! Wait. If that's Dezi and she's a zombie how come she's not attacking? The hell???

Katelyn's POV

I have looked up and down, left to right and she is nowhere to be found. Where can this woman be? "Where do you think she went?" Mia questioned. 

"In order to find her, we gotta be her," Elijah said bending his knees trying to be short. "Babe I love you, but ya can't just act like Dezi you got to BE like her." I say starting to skip around and look at the flowers. "Hahahaha gosh you can be so cute sometimes." Elijah says getting close to me. I then step back. 

"We have to be serious, she's missing what if something bad happened to her?!" I say getting angry, god my emotions can get out of hand sometimes.

"Yo! Have you guys not found her yet?" Ethan says crossing his arms. "No, Elijah's being cute." "Well now's a bad time, Dezi hasn't picked up her phone, we only just found it close to the bedro- " I FOUND HER! HURRY!" We hear Jess's voice yelling from inside. We then start running toward the house and see Felicity and Josh coming down the stairs. 

 We see Jess limping down with someone. Gosh, I hope she found Dezi, Henry then comes running up to Jess and omg! Wait she's a zombie! I quickly pull my gun out and point it directly at them both. "Woah! Katelyn don't shoot please its ok." Jess says. It really is Dezi, but she's smiling? Wtf. Everyone steps back and I start to lower my gun. 

"Don't shoot! Please." Dezi says with a worried tone. She sees Henry come towards her about to hug her, she puts Jess in front of her and steps back. "Dezi what are you doing?" Henry questions moving Jess. 

"You can't touch me, I-I could kill you!" Dezi argues. "What happened?" Mia asks. 

"Dez tried looking for her gun in the lab and she got trapped by a zombie that bit her AFTER she drank the antidote, and so she became half-human, half-zombie, she has the brain of a human but has the looks of a zombie." Jess explained. 

"How is that possible? Would it mean that she is still contagious with the virus? I completely turned when I had the antidote." Jess asked confused. 

"Wait, so if you have a human brain you won't bite me," Henry says trying to get closer to Dezi. "That doesn't mean I won't get cravings or be contagious!" Dezi yells. I've never seen her like this, what's gonna happen to them?

"I can't just not touch you, I love you, I can't stay away from you," Henry says getting emotional.

 "I love you too, but I can't let you die," Dezi says with tears streaming down her face. Henry's got a tear rolling down his face as well, he wipes it then takes a deep breath. "Then can I get one last kiss." He says. "What! Are you insane? Did you not hear me say contagious, I could bloody kill you!" Dezi yells. 

"Then I'm willing to take that chance, Dezi you're the love of my life, I can't stay away from you, Katelyn if I turn and try to kill any of you, you can shoot me. 

"Fine," I say holding up my gun. Everyone's stepped back and Jess came around behind me.

 "Henry, don't do this, please. You could die." Dezi whispers. Henry gets closer to Dezi and they both lean their heads together. "I'm willing to take that chance to be with you." He says moving his lips to Dezi's. They share such a beautiful and calming kiss, everyone stays silent surprisingly just admiring the couple exchanging the kiss of life and death. They slowly drift their kiss apart and nothing seems to have happened. 

"See I'm fine." Just as Henry says that he starts to scream in pain, then so does Dezi. What the fuck is happening?! His bones started to crack and he continues to scream, I hold my gun straight at Henry, My hands are sweaty but firm, I'm about to pull the trigger but I hesitate. I'm questioning just as he stands up, he's not attacking. 

Dezi gets up taking big breaths, Jess catches her just as she was about to trip. 

"That looked like a horror scene and a romance scene at the same time." Felicity says hugging Josh. " Kinda, are you ok Dezi?" Jess asks. "Yeah, Henry!" Dezi screams dropping on the ground trying to wake him up. He then tensely starts to move and gets up, he's a zombie. Half-human half Zombie.

HEYYYY did you guys like this chapter. I can't believe I posted three chapters in one night. Me and Dezi also worked on this one. Her account is in the chapter before this one. GO FOLLOW HER!

I can't believe where the hooman mind is taking me (and Dezi) this journey of writing has been really fun and I felt like I had a goal. and that goal was to entertain you and give you the chapters that my fingies write. hours and hours of work a day.  A thousand words. 

ANYWAYS LOVE YOU! <3

Vote and Comment xXx

WRITE IN COMMENTS!