Chapter 32, A Christmas Special

A Christmas special

Katelyn's POV

This might be the only time everything is normal. It's the 24 of December. Christmas Eve! After Dezi gave birth to Ally we carefully drove home. No zombies in our path, thank goodness. She's so adorable, I just hope Dezi is ok. We just put the White Christmas tree up, decorations are all around the house, we've tried putting up as many decorations as we could find down in the basement.

Me and the girls are wearing matching sexy Christmas outfits, and the guys are wearing Santa shorts which is getting me horny...

"Katelyn how long does the turkey stay in for?" Dezi asks me while looking for the Christmas pudding I hid in the fridge. Okk so we had to go by Safeway and get more supplies, the turkey caught my eye! We had to get something special for Christmas. 

"Ok, let me worry about that. Go take a nap you barely slept in the car. We've got this sorted." I say gently taking her to the bedroom.

She flops down on the bed and closes her eyes immediately. She looks so innocent ! I can already tell Ally is gonna end up like her. With her gorgeous smile like Dezi's and Henry's big loving heart.

"Where's Henry gone?" I say putting a blanket over her.

"Mmmm he's somewhere in Ally's room putting her to sleep." She says with her eyes still closed.

"Ahh already becoming a father and she's only a day old! Father hood really brings out a man's soft spot." I say turning the light off. 

 "Sleep tight. I'll wake you when the dinners ready."

With that she was off in dream world. I head to the kitchen and I already smell smoke. Oh god Feli tried to cook the Turkey. NOT THE TIME TO BE BURNING FOOD IN MY KITCHEN!

"What the fuck happened?" I curse as I turn the oven off.

"Ok ok chill I saw the chicken there all cold and alone so I tried to cook it." She panicked. Then Jess came, grabbed an oven mitt and put the Turkey gracefully inside the oven.

"There, all done. Now help me with the Christmas tree." She says as she heads into the living room. There stands an elegant, tall white tree with only a few ornaments hung up. Josh was doing the bottom with blue and silver ones as we put the rest on around the middle.

45 minutes later

Josh's POV

This is so amazing, it's like a Christmas miracle. The whole house on the inside is decorated with beautiful decorations, we have so much food left over in the pantry and we decided to cook a Turkey for Christmas since we didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving. The only thing that we need to do is put the star on top of the tree. Everyone is surrounding the tree waiting for Henry and Dezi to come with Ally. Well Dezi gave her full name as 'Alison Brielle Miller.' 

"She's only slept for 15 minutes and she couldn't wait to put the star up." Henry says holding her in his arms. She has the exact same eyes as Dezi, and somehow she has grown so much. She looks like a toddler. Her hair has grown and she's started smiling and trying to speak, it's kinda weird but they don't really seem to mind. 

We all wanted this to be Ally's big 1st Christmas special. It's a pretty big time of the year and my personal favourite holiday, but during the apocalypse. Wow. That's just extra.

"You ready honey?" Dezi asks in a cooing voice while looking in her deep brown eyes. She coos. That's a yes then. She lifts her out of Henry's arms and grabs the shiny star, placing it in her small hand. She brings her up to the top of the tree and Ally attempts to put it on. Dezi helps a little. Then there it was, the tree was officially completed with the star on top.