Chapter 36, Save the World I

Katelyn pov

2-years later..

I blink back the old memories. Wow. The things I've missed, I hadn't really thought about the times before this at all since this damn virus had started. I miss it. Our beautiful Australian sunsets, our ravishing beaches, can't forget my parents. Oh god, my parents! I completely forgot about them, I miss my mum and dad so much. My eyes start to water as a small tear escapes my eye.

"Urghhhhhh," I groan loudly into my pillow.

I feel Elijah notice my mental moment and rub my shoulder, he takes it off for a sec to pause our show on Netflix but then puts it back again and rubs it calmingly, "What's wrong?" he asks knowingly.

"You wanna know what's wrong?" I say rolling over to face him.

"Yes, I do, now spill the tea," He says in his drag queen accent. I burst out laughing.

"Ok, fine, remember our parents?" I ask him.

"Oh yeah, those things, jeez I haven't thought about that in forever, what about them?" Elijah says taken back by my question.

"Yeah, well I don't know, I just thought about them and my stress and anxiety came back, just the usual," I say cuddling up to him. He strokes my head and loops his fingers through my hair, he knows how to calm me down, I love this guy.

"Hey, I get it, you miss your parents, after all, it has been like forever, but hey you have me," He says stroking my cheek and holding my face in his warm hand. I lean into his hand and kiss his palm.

He pulls me closer and slowly grazes his lips over my cheek across to my lips. I kiss him back and lean my head down onto his shoulder and burrow my face into his neck. He wraps his other arm around my waist and we fall asleep together. We've been trying for a baby for quite some time, but its been a few years of the apocolypse and now it's time to strike. 

~A few hours later~

I wake up with Elijah gone, where the hell could he have gone. My hearing focuses and I hear the shower. Oh. OK. haha.

"Lij!" I yell from outside the bathroom door.

"Yeah," He replies back from the shower.

"We have a group meeting with everyone, it's meant to be big, it starts in 30 or something minutes, so you know not to rush you or anything, I want brekkie. So come onnn!" I yell at him.

"Ok, chill babe I'm brushing my teeth!" he says in a rushed voice.

"I am chill just hurry up," I say ending the conversation.

After a while he finally got out of the bathroom, with a towel around his waist, I looked him up and down and admired his toned V lines.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go get brekkie, because I'm a hungry girlfriend," I say as I start to walk out.

"Wait I actually wanted to talk to you about that, you are my girlfriend, I love you more than anything, Katelyn. Will you marry me?" Elijah says dropping to his knee in his white towel. I see the white towel loosen on his waist, and it falls off.

"Awww, Lij! Omg yes, I will babe, I love you so much, BUT I AM HUNGRY! But yes baby I will marry you, now come on I feel like I'm already at my bachelorette party with you looking like this. Now come on, chuck some undies on and put a burger ring on my finger when we get to the kitchen!"

I say kissing him on the cheek and looking his bare butt up and down one more time before I leave.

Elijah's Pov