Chapter 23, Her and I

Taylor's POV

I get into the shower after days of my dead body. I'm feeling all the grot and germs go down the drain. For the first time in a while, I feel pure and clean. I pump the soap bottle a few times and put it on the loofa. I lather my body in the coconut and raspberry body wash. The scent clears my sinuses. I feel the oxygen enter my body. Oh, how I've missed breathing, feeling dead is the worst feeling. You don't have any emotion for anything. 

All I wanted to do was kill. Until I met her. Jess. I saw her waddling in through the forest with Aiden but he was a blur to me. All my attention was on the ravishing beautiful woman walking around in front of me, unaware of my lurking presence. I followed her around for a bit and eventually had the courage to try to attract her attention. It worked obviously and now I've finally got to kiss her. I want to be with her, just me and Jess.

Jess and I.

I snap out of my thoughts and  brush the shampoo through my hair. Oh, how I have missed this feeling. I run my fingers through my hair and clear and untangle the knots. I rinse it out and wash myself off with some cold water because cold water makes me feel good after a shower. 

I grab a folded towel off of the bench and wrap it around my body. I tuck the towel around myself under my arms and start brushing thinking about what it was like being human, what I have to do when I'm human and what I need to remember about being human.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Jess waiting for me. "Oh, hey, how was your shower?" She ask me looking at the towel covering my body. "Oh yeah it was amazing, I've missed showering so much."

"That's good," She says smiling at me. Oh god silence, Just ask her Taylor gosh hurry up!

"Yeah, it is...Hey , I uh wanted to ask you do you wanna go for a walk with me later, outside the gates down to the beach for a swim, Katelyn came down to the wine cellar before and told me that there is supposedly a beach house or something that I can stay in?" I ask Jess nervously. Please say yes. 

 "Yeah sure. It's about a 3-kilometer walk though so prepare your legs for walking." She replies. I laugh and get some clothes to change into. 

(outfit shown below)

Taylor's Outfit:

Jess's Outfit:

Jess's POV

I wore the wrong shoes for this. Damn it! Taylor asks me to go to the beach with her and I pick the worse shoes, I have much nicer ones but this?!

Why do i care so much about this? I care about what colour my skateboard is or when my brother and sister went rollardurpy skating with me but ever about SHOES!

It was a terrible idea to wear these thongs.

(shown below)

Jess's shoes:

Taylor's shoes:

Taylor's shoes:

We've been walking for some time and as we get closer to the beach I hear the waves and finally feel relieved to be so close, but then I hear the sound of a moping zombie

We've been walking for some time and as we get closer to the beach I hear the waves and finally feel relieved to be so close, but then I hear the sound of a moping zombie.I'm a little worried that they might attack us. But I remain calm so I don't look silly in front of Taylor. We wait them out till they leave but Taylor couldn't wait longer than 2 minutes and she shot them all. Ah she's so brave. She opens her hand out and leads me towards the beach.

I hear the crashing waves and begin running towards the ocean. I see the crystal blue water and the golden sands. I never thought id see a beautiful beach like this again. I run over to a good spot on the sand and lay my towel out on the ground nicely. 

Taylor comes running and joins me. She lays her towel out on the sand and takes her shorts off. I do the same and run to the water with her. We collide with the waves and swim through together, she keeps splashing me ahhh! 

We float around the water together breathing in the open air, better than being blocked up inside the house. I didn't expect their would be good times in the apocalypse likes this, it's a zombie apocalypse! Yet we still get to find time like this together. 

I'm laying in the water and I feel something touch my back. I instantly jump from surprise and look around to see Taylor out of sight. Something grabs me and pulls me underwater. I instantly pull myself back up to the surface. I see Taylor rise up from underneath the water. Laughing. 

"Haha very funny." I sarcastically swimming back to shore. She follows me back. "I'm sorry Jess, it was a joke, please come back we were having a great time." She says eagerly. 

This is revenge. I give her the puppy dog eyes to follow me to the shore, she rolls her eyes t me hehe it worked. I see the water drip from her body as she walks towards me adjusting her swimsuit. Jess stop staring!

(Beach shown below)

Hey, did you like this chapter? It's mainly, well actually pretty much completely about Taylor and Jess.

I hope you guys are enjoying the story! Read more to find out x

We still need to figure out how i am going to end *gasp*

Enjoy your day/night

Vote & Comment x