home alone

I sighed in relief when I heard the door close. Now would be the chance to see whats behind that door.
-

Coco pov

Billie never locked the door, on purpose or not but I had access to the whole house which i assumed was all locked so I couldn't get out.
I stayed where Billie left me, just incase they came back to get something. 20 minutes passed as there was no sign of them coming back.
I don't know why I wanted to go in that room so bad, it just intrigued me.
I opened my door suddenly getting a whiff of wood.
I felt the need to tiptoe down the stairs even though I was home alone.
Just as I assumed though all the doors were locked from the outside so I couldn't go out.
There was a note on the counter,

Hey coco,
I know you came down here cause your reading this right now. I left some food for you on the counter and a clean towel in the bathroom if you want to take a shower. Please be good we'll be back at 3.

Billie didnt mention not going in the room unless if she didnt want to remimd me to where I had access when she wasnt home.
I headed over to see all varieties of fruit and snacks.
I decided on a bag of salt and vinegar chips while I watched a movie on the 72 inch TV screen.
I kept procrastinating on going in that room but I had almost 3 hours to myself so it could wait.
The movie ended giving me the option to finally go in that room.
My hands shook as I forced myself to that door, wanting to see what was inside so bad. Because if I waited and I wouldn't be home alone often, I would regret not peeking inside.
The house was big, making it hard to find the door. After getting lost a few times I finally found it.
My heart raced as I placed my hand on the doorknob curling my fingers around the steel handle.
"This is the moment ive been waiting for since yesterday" I murmured to myself.
There was no lock on the door which was odd to me.
I glanced around expecting a serial killer to jump out but instead I got a huge whiff of what seemed to be rotting flesh. My heart started racing as I also noticed weapons all hung on the wall. There was a small 2×2 wall that I didnt dare to open. "what the fuck" I murmured to myself, coving my nose with my shirt.
I couldn't imagine what was on the other side of that door. Dead bodies?
I couldn't bring myself to look.
Then the last thing I noticed was an emergency exit door.
I backed out of the room quickly not really acknowledging I could escape out that door but anyways it would set off an alarm if I opened it.
I stood there and thought for a moment before heading back to my room just as the clock turned 3.
"Shes not going to know I went in that room" I said outloud to myself, trying to calm myself down.
I slid under the covers feeling the nice warmth, as sleep took over.