the basement

If only I jumped head first in the concrete all my problems would disappear...
-

Coco pov

My thoughts were soon interrupted as the door opened, exposing me huddled in the corner of the small room.
"Hey" a male voice softly echoed through the room.
I dug my head in my knees and continued to silently cry.
His footsteps were loud and slow making it seem like a year till he reached the bottom.
"Dont be scared"
I felt his breath on the back of my neck.
I heard ceramic dishes clinking making me peak my head up, I was starving.
"I brought you some-"
I instantly snatched the plate of potatoes, french bread slices, and what I guessed vegan chicken nuggets with ketchup.
Diego looked at me shoving food in my face, as if I hadn't eaten in a year.
He didn't seem like the abusive type so I felt safe for once.
Within a minute I was done.
"You cold?" he asked
I nodded my head.
He made his way up, leaving the door open.

What if I can just escape now?

I walked up the cracked, wooden stairs then made my way to the hallway.
My heart raced as I prayed no one would walk down the hallway.
I peaked my head out in the kitchen, seeing Danielle tapping her long acrylics on the counter.
*ding*
I gasped from the sudden noise, noticing it was only the toaster.
"Coco?" Danielle asked, staring me down.
"Sh" I mouthed desperately.
"Billie!" She yelled causing my heart to increase.
I took off back down to the basement and curled up on the cold concrete.
Footsteps quickly approached.
I could see a figure block the light.
"She's fucking right here" Billie said as another figure appeared beside her.
"She was literally just in the kitchen watching me" Danielle yelled throwing her hand in the air.
"She would have gone somewhere else not down here"
Billie said closing the door again.
I felt a sense of relief knowing it would be hard for her to believe Dani since i wasnt her favorite person in the house, but I was still stuck down here.
I rested my head on my hands and fell asleep not too long after.
I woke up feeling warm and comfy.
"Bby" Billie whispered making me jump slightly.
I realized I was in bed with Billie.
"Huh" I whispered back.
"Did you learn your lesson"
"Yes" I replied
Billie reached her arms out, and spooned me, leaving small kisses on the back of my neck, "I do this because I love you"
"Yeah" I replied getting a lump in my throat.
A sudden depression feeling got to me, as happy as i was,
Stockholm syndrome hit me hard.
I silently cried in Billies arms as her breath decreased into patterns.
"Goodmorning princess" Billie cooed showering me with small kisses all over my face.
I slightly flinched with each one.
My face and arms were sticky with tears.
"What's wrong" she asked in a soft tone.
"Nothing" I shook my head not wanting to mention my parents again from what she did last time.
"I'm not leaving till you tell me" her tone changed stern.
"No-nothing I just missed you" I lied giving a quick fake smile.
Billie seemed to believe me, leaning in to give me a hug.
It felt good to be in her warm embrace.
I wanted so bad to hate Billie but I couldn't.
"Go take a shower and get clean for me baby" she instructed giving me a little nudge.
I nodded and headed over to the bathroom locking the door behind me, so I could shower in peace.
Suprisingly she didn't ask to come in, I took my shower and came out.
"You ready to dye your hair so we can go somewhere?" She asked as I came out.