Baby Steps

Song - Boom Clap (Charlie XCX)

Rose and Jisoo wanted to stay behind till the induction got over so that they could meet her brother. But, once Tae recovered from the chills, Jimin and he left the auditorium and walked to the registration desks.

Seeing the crowd, Tae could feel Jimin tense next to him.

Jimin wasn't always this shy, neither did he worry pointlessly. The last one year had been bad for them both. They were bullied by the pros, and one of those made it his point to excessively tease Jimin so much to the extent that no one wanted to be friends with either Tae or Jimin.

"We'll do yours first.", Jimin said eyeing the queue at the dance line's registration desk.

"Jimin-ah. It is the same for Singer's Den too. Let us just go register individually.", Tae complained.

Jimin silently nodded as he joined the queue and watched Tae disappear into the crowd.

"Woah", Jimin heard someone exclaim way too loud.

He looked at the source. For fuck's sake, not him.

"Jimin-ssi. That is the dance line's registration. Why are you there?"

Oli Burton. What a sorry excuse for a human.

He was as always surrounded by his "friends" or who Jimin thought were just his followers. Pros and their suckers.

Jimin chose to ignore Oli and stared straight ahead. Just two more people to go, he told himself and thanked god for making the 6 freshers quit the line.

"Jimin-ssi!", Oli called out again, sweetness dripping his voice. It almost felt like he was catcalling.

He walked to Jimin, while sucking on a lollipop and stared at him for a few seconds before turning to the guy next to him, "Jimin-ssi here can't walk straight but for some fucking reason he wants to dance."

This drew a dry chortle from the ones around him. Jimin internally vomited at the humor or rather at the lack of.

Just another one to go, Jimin told himself.

Oli continued to move closer to Jimin. He was almost breathing down his face. Jimin tried to back away but Oli pulled Jimin towards him by his waist.

"If you continue and audition, I'll be there. I'll watch you fail. I'll watch you fall and taunt you for the rest of your miserable life.", he seethed into Jimin's ear.

Jimin shuddered as he tried to get Oli's hand off him.

"So, what will you do, baby?", Oli smiled sweetly looking at Jimin's face.

"Hello?", said someone.

Oli looked at the source with amusement.

Jimin turned to look at the guy at the registration desk. He was the same guy who performed at the induction.

"Hoseok. Pleased to meet you. Will you register?", he asked Jimin with the brightest smile.

His smile. Jimin felt warmth spread through him and it wiped Oli's statements and his entire existence from his mind.

Jimin eagerly nodded in response. Hoseok smiled again and helped him fill the form.

Oli cursed in anger and left but not before reminding Jimin of consequences, which Jimin chose to ignore.

"Park Jimin? I've a friend who is a Park.", Hoseok said reviewing the application.

"I know. Yoongi-hyung.", Jimin rolled his eyes.