Broken

Song - Daddy Issues (The Neighborhood)

Tae ran backstage, picked his bag and rushed to the Singer's Den. The entire block was abandoned. It was way past the usual timings. The sun set, it was dark, the corridors were sparsely lit, and all the students were either at home or at the auditorium enjoying the performances.

He normally would've wanted to go home but not today. He wasn't prepared enough to face the drama. He fished for the spare keys of the room that Yoongi gave him and opened it. He rushed inside, threw his bag on the floor and sat in one corner. He counted to ten but this time he lost it. He broke down.

He wasn't sure for how long he sat there crying. He knew he fucked up the performance. He could feel Ken's neck snap up at his wrong note. He couldn't even get himself to look at Jin. He finally between all the tears dozed away curled in the corner only to wake up to someone ruffling his hair.

"Tae?"

"Jin?", he murmured as he opened his eyes.

"Tae. Wake up. I've been trying to find you for so long now! You scared me!"

Tae rubbed his eyes to see his best friend watch him with concern.

"Are you okay?", Jimin asked softly.

Tae nodded. Why did I even expect Jin to be here? It is not like we are in love and he is dying to be with me, he thought.

Jimin pulled him up. "We'll go home? It is 9 in the night, Tae."

Tae looked up surprised, "How did I sleep for so long! I've to go home."

He switched on his phone as he walked out with Jimin. He had missed calls from his mum, Jimin, Yoongi and one text from Jin.

Jin: Going home. See you tomorrow.

Tae called his mum and told her that he'll be home and that he got caught up with the performances. He laid his head in Jimin's lap in the back seat as Yoongi drove him home trying to disregard the pressing pain in his chest.

...

Tae entered his house and took off his shoes.

"Taehyung.", his mum said.

"Please tell me you didn't go, Ma.", Taehyung sounded exhausted.

His mum sighed in response, "I can't do that. I can't leave him there, Taehyung."

"Then we've nothing to talk.", he said and walked away to his room blocking out the explanations that his mum was trying to give him.

He looked at one of his most favorite things in this world – his bed. He ran, jumped into it and fell asleep without realizing. Then came the dreams.

He was 7 years old. He was playing out near the gate when a lady with a baby walked up to him.

"Does Mr. Kim live here?", she asked.

Taehyung nodded, "My dad."

She smiled and pinched his cheeks. "Can you hold this baby for a second? And, be a sweetie and go call your dad, will you?"

Taehyung nodded as he carefully took the baby and went in.

When his parents saw him walk in with a baby, his mum looked confused, but his dad looked scared.

"Appa, someone came for you. She gave me a baby."

His mum took the baby from him and both the parents ran out.