Distances

Song - Somebody that I used to know (Gotye, Kimbra)

Namjoon's pre-party felt like the last breather for the students. One week later they were spending late nights at the library, scribbling through pages and feverishly running between classes.

"I am sorry, but I can't.", Jimin whined as he threw his pen across the table. "There are 45 questions. Forty. Five. I do not understand where in my life will I use Fourier analysis."

Tae sighed. If last week was considered hectic, this week was a nightmare. "I scored really less on this test. I need these assignments for a good grade."

Jimin whined again putting his head on the desk, and hands on his head. "No one scores well on this subject. Can they not make it easier for us?"

"We can ask Namjoon-hyung to help us. Rumor is that he scored a 97 on this.", Tae said.

Jimin's head snapped back in place. "What the fuck is wrong with him?"

Tae rolled his eyes. Jimin was being dramatic because he himself scored well in almost all subjects except for this one.

Life sucks

Tae: Namjoon-hyung. We need your help with our assignments. Do you've time?

Namjoon: Where are you guys?

Tae: Library.

Tae: Towards the psychology section.

Rose: Tae, the submission date got preponed to tomorrow for Assignment 5. Technically tonight.

Rose: Irene asked me to let you know.

Tae: WHAT? Isn't that like against the rules or something? No way I can complete those by tonight!

Tae: Namjoon-hyung, we reaaally need your help now.

Namjoon: I'll be there after lunch. Is that okay?

Tae: Please. Thank you.

Tae: Rose, is Irene done with hers?

Rose: Lol. Of course. She submitted them last week.

Tae: :/

Tae announced the bad news to Jimin.

"Should we just throw a dung-bomb in Mr. Chan's room?", he replied grimly.

Tae considered it for a minute before he shook it off. "No. Not now, we don't have the time. But at least hyung will help us with these 45."

Both the boys packed away their assignment and pulled out another. "I hope this one is easier.", said Jimin as he started to write down the answers.

"Chim, where were you on Wednesday?", Tae asked. He kind of knew the answer but what more fun that making your friend uncomfortable.

Jimin hummed before he paused writing, "What do you mean?"

"You weren't in the college after the classes. Where were you?", Tae asked again slightly smiling while staring at his friend.

Jimin shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "I went home."

"Whose home?", Tae laughed.

"It was Kook's birthday. He asked me to go to the movies with him. But we did not get tickets so we went to his house and played overwatch and watched Avengers. I didn't get him a gift, so I took him out for ice cream.", Jimin said it all in a single breath.

Tae started laughing even more. "Why did you not tell me?"

Jimin scratched the back of his head. "I don't know, Tae. I didn't want you to judge me. I know the boy just turned 18."