Whisper

Song - Tilli Tilli Bom (Russian Lullaby)

Taehyung sat in his bed, his head between his knees, trying to shut his ears. His head was throbbing. Today was supposed to be a good day. It was Jin's birthday. Yet, here he was, annoyed and this day so far has been miles away from being a good one.

He pressed the heels of his palms against his temple and tried to block all the replays of the scenes from the morning that stretched into the afternoon.

He was pissed off with his mother. She could've told him once that this would be happening. She could've spoken to him once, asked him what he wanted. She could've for once in his life, be stronger than she has been so far.

But no. Now, he is being forced to deal with the presence of just not one person but of all his mistakes under the same roof.

For a hopeful moment, he wondered if he could permanently move to Jimin's place, or even better – Seokjin's. If only life was that easy.

He could hear footsteps right outside his room and hoped no one would knock or worse push the door and barge in. With the former option, he could at least pretend to be asleep or dead, whichever is better.

A few seconds passed then came the knocks. One patiently, the second not-so-patiently.

Taehyung acted on his plan. He pulled his sheets over and pretended to be dead – which was not difficult considering how dead he really felt inside.

He could hear the door knob turn, followed by the click of it again – they left.

He breathed out and decided it was finally time to again pull out the makeshift ladder to get out of the house. He had to get through this one night for Jin.

...

Five hours later, a few kilometers away from his house – and Taehyung knows as he thinks about this that he has begun to call it house and not home, but he ignores it – he finds solace in this boy's arms. A rush of songs, a chaos of confetti in the air, and then on the cake, maybe a few in their drinks. A fleeting exchange of words with friends, and a quick exchange of pleasantries with Jin's parents before they hurried to their taxi – just another business trip, just another day, Jin said to him and shrugged it off. From the door to the bed, the sloppy kisses, the chasing of tongues, the wild whispers of lust, followed by insatiable moans

All those except the last scene seemed distant, like they belonged to another world, another time as he hummed a song listening to the other's heartbeat.

Jin shuffled around in sleep, his legs intertwined with Tae's own, his hand lazily wrapped around Tae's waist, and another bent over his forehead. The shuffling caused his knee to rub over the latest scar that Tae drew on himself when he jumped off the makeshift ladder. And, that unbeknownst to him dragged the inconvenient thoughts slip back into his mind.

He chanced a look at Jin's soft face, his hair pushed back, making him look more handsome than ever – and Taehyung felt then that maybe he will never get used to his beauty. He waited for those angelic features to push the aforementioned thoughts to cease or hide away, and they did but only momentarily. He wondered when the right time was to talk to Jin about his fears, his insecurities and his projected issues. Or at least about the situation back at his house.

Jin did ask on several occasions, in the beginning merely out of curiosity, but eventually a fear seemed to creep into his voice because of the way Taehyung constantly withheld the reason for his stay at Jimin's place.

And, Taehyung wanted to spill. But either the place wasn't right, or there were too many ears waiting for a story, or he just wasn't in the mood to be gloomy. At least that is what he told himself every time he refused to answer Jin's questions.

Now, at 2 in the morning, Tae wanted to talk. If pushed enough, he would probably tell Jin about his one time, almost a year ago, wasted and lost, when he slipped under a stranger's covers. But Jin was asleep. He seemed at peace and Taehyung could not steal that from him. Not with all the constant jabs from his ex-lover he had been facing recently.

Ex-lover.

The words sat bitterly on his tongue. He tried not to, but he still wondered how Jin was with Minho. Did they fall asleep in each other's arms too? Did Jin ever floor the car just to kiss each other senseless even before they could make it to their bedroom? Did he, despite all the emotional drain, love him?

He felt Jin shuffle again. This time Jin seemed to catch a glimpse of Taehyung's wide-open eyes because he murmured in his husky voice, "Taehyungie?"

Taehyung only pushed his check closer to the other's chest, "Am I enough, Jin?" He expected Jin to huff in confusion or maybe shush him to sleep.

Only,

"You are more than what I wished for.", he replied placing a soft kiss on his forehead, and hugging Tae tighter.

For now, this was enough for Taehyung. Enough for him to finally fall asleep.

...