For you

Song: Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol)

Jimin and Tae parted ways once they reached the Arts block not before exchanging a quick hug. Tae wanted to talk to Jimin about what Rose said but that could definitely wait.

Tae entered his assigned Audi-04 and spotted Yoongi. He was working with the Piano in a corner. He began to walk towards him when someone called out to him.

"Kim Taehyung?" Ken said.

"Hello Ken.", Tae responded.

Ken smiled, "Can you sign your attendance here and proceed to the backstage? Did you submit your music choices?"

Tae nodded as he signed. "What's the way – "

"Taehyung-ssi", That voice.

Tae turned back to see Jin wave at him from the door to the backstage.

Looks like he is over what happened in the morning, Tae thought as he followed Jin to the back stage.

"Do you want to practice before you go on stage?", Jin asked.

Tae shook his head as he looked unblinkingly at Jin who was busy searching for something. "Can I watch the others audition?"

Jin glanced up from his search. "Yeah, you can. A couple of them got over already. Two of them decided to not show up. Two others withdrew their submission. We can audition yours earlier If it is okay."

"Oh. How many others are yet to audition?" Tae asked wondering if he missed all the performances.

"Five more, I guess. We'll have more on Monday, hopefully.", he replied as he went back to his search. "You are sure you don't want to practice?"

Tae smiled and nodded. "I've been here for the past two days. Yoongi-hyung helped me practice."

"Oh", that is all Jin responded.

Tae watched Jin fumble with the wires. "Do you want me to help?" he asked.

Jin shook his head as he pulled out a mic and headset. "Do you prefer to sing with this or -" he asked finally looking at Tae.

Tae unconsciously bit his lower lip as he watched small beads of sweat appear on Jin's forehead, and a few above his lip. He looked up at Jin's eyes and watched him stare back into his.

"T-Taehyung-ssi?", he repeated.

"Yeah, I'll use those, Jin-hyung", he replied stressing on the last word.

Jin chuckled attempting to break the tension, "Yah! You can't win over me now."

"You sure, hyung?", Tae smirked at him while he tried to put his headset in place.

His hyung was a tone lower and deeper causing Jin's internal alarms to go crazy.

Jin cleared his throat, "Do you want help with that?"

Tae handed over the device to him and quickly moved closer to Jin. Too close. Close enough for me to count the moles on your face, Taehyung.

Jin could feel Tae's minty breath on his face.

"T-turn around", Jin stammered as he forced himself to look away from the mole on Tae's lower lip. He watched Tae smirk and turn. Why did I fucking stammer?

He started to clip the device to Tae's shirt and paused before he had to clip it to his belt. "Would you rather just hold it?" Jin asked hopefully.

"Nope."

Jin cursed. He handed one end to Tae and started to attach the other end to Tae's belt.

Tae breathed out almost too loudly as he felt Jin's warm breath hit his neck, and as his crooked fingers slip on to his waist. Every slight touch tingled his skin. Jin smiled as he watched the hairs on the younger's neck stand. Tit for Tat.

"Try it once. Signal me if it is working fine.", Jin said as he went back to studying the other's face. He should've auditioned for the aesthetics department, he thought. His jawline was sharp enough to kill people, and he eyes held the most intense stares Jin has ever seen.

Shit. Stop it, Jin. He is a kid.

His stares tell me otherwise.

I –

Tae began to sing a verse and Jin's thoughts halted midway.

He physically shuddered at how deep his voice was. Tae stopped singing and looked at Jin with his thumbs up.

Jin smiled and mentally slapped himself out of his Tae-thoughts. He ushered Tae to the stage and walked back to join Ken and Yoongi in the audience.

"Whenever you are ready", Yoongi spoke into the mic. "Which should be now."

The music began to play, and Tae took one deep breath and started off. Once he slipped into the tune, Tae found himself staring at Jin as he progressed, and for a change Jin smiled back at him though the trademark red ears appeared.

When he ended it, a sparse applause broke in the room. But Tae looked only at Jin, who snatched the mic from Yoongi, leaving him annoyed.

"Do you mind repeating the chorus again?", Jin asked.

Tae looked confused, so did Ken and Yoongi. Why?

"S-sure." Tae responded and began to sing.

"If I lay here, if I just lay here

Would lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told

Before we get too old

Show me a garden that's bursting into life"

If it wasn't for the nerves, Tae could've sworn Jin slightly nodded at the second line.

Yoongi grabbed the mic back from Jin. "Leave. Hand over your device to the next one."

Jin watched as Tae handed over the device and ran down the stage. He picked his bag up, and as he started walking up to Jin, he wiggled his eyebrows at the elder, almost seductively.

God, this kid is going to kill him.

Tae grinned as he walked past Jin and sat across him. He really wanted to watch the others audition but that guy in the baby blue sweater was making it difficult for him to concentrate on anything else.

The next kid began to perform and yet Jin could still hear Tae's voice fill his soul. From the corner of his eye, he could see Tae. His mind begged him to look at him before he forgets the shape of his eyes.

He turns to quickly steal a glance and breaks into a smile as he finds Tae staring fondly at him.

He will probably make me suffer. But I want to. For him.