Patches

Song - Spring Day (BTS)

Jin groaned in pain.

His fingers hurt. He couldn't feel his ass.

He was finally done with all his assignments, his project and had only one exam to go. But all the cramming and constantly sitting on his bum hurt.

Old age problems, he told himself as he stretched.

He dropped his text book and walked to his balcony. One more day and they'll have time off this weekend. He absent-mindedly ran his fingers over the place on the ledge where there once used to be a flower pot. A flower pot that a blonde-haired boy broke. A sad smile settled on his face.

I miss him so much it is unreal, he thought. Jin wanted to talk to Tae. He wanted to pull him away from everyone and slap some sense into him. Hell, he wanted the younger one to flirt with him, lean in for kisses and complain in pout. He wanted to listen to that sexy voice of his for once.

It confused Jin why Tae had been keeping away from him after the performance. His mood seemed to be off even before the performance but what did Jin do? Jin as far went ahead and drunk texted him like a moron. His drunk-self wanted to see him so bad, kiss him insane and probably tell him how much he loved him. But Tae never turned up to the party. He remembered seeing someone just like Tae at the bar getting drunk that night but then he'd been seeing him all over the party it was hard to tell what was real and what was not.

Jin went back into the room when he heard knocks on his door.

"Jin.", his mum called out.

Jin sighed and opened the door.

"We're leaving. I'll call you once we land. You'll be fine, right?", she asked him as she rummaged through her bag.

Jin nodded, "How long this time?"

His mum looked up sadly at her son, "Three weeks, Jin. I'll try to be back as soon as I can. Okay?"

"And, dad?", he asked.

His mum didn't respond, "Jin, about that. We'll talk once we are back?"

"Mum, I am not a child anymore. He has another transfer, doesn't he?", Jin said.

She nodded sadly, "We aren't sure when, baby. But it is definitely on the cards. You just take care, okay? And, do not eat in your room!"

Jin smiled, "Yeah, mum."

She ruffled her son's hair and left. Jin followed her to bid his parents bye and lock the door.

He then pulled out his phone and stared at Tae's contact picture. What are you so gorgeous for? I miss you, Tae. He took a deep breath and promised himself he'd put his pride aside and talk to him tomorrow.

...

"Why is the college less crowded today?", Jin asked as he rushed to Yoongi. They were walking to the parking lot. The students were rejoicing the end of their quarterly exams.

"I don't know. It is only the 3rd and the 4th years, maybe that is why.", Yoongi replied as he unlocked his car.

"So, the second years aren't here?", Jin asked again.

Yoongi looked at Jin, "No. Tae is with Jimin at my place."

Jin blushed at his reply and murmured, "It wasn't about him."

"Yeah, sure. You both keep stealing glances at each other but that's normal. Why aren't you joined at the hips these days?", Yoongi asked as he started to drive.