Delay

Song - Breaking the habit (Linkin Park)

"He didn't ask you to meet him?", Yoongi asked Jin as they drove to college. Taehyung and Jimin sat in the backseat.

Jin glanced in the mirror at Taehyung and shook his head. "He is not back from Japan yet. He said he'll let me know when he comes back."

It was only three days away from the Winter Ball and they still did not find a way to get more details about Minho's mansion. Rose did try to show enthusiasm and asked her parents if they were meeting Minho's family, and if she could accompany. But her parents told that they weren't because they did not have time.

Namjoon tried to meet them in person to discuss about the university's funding's for the upcoming placements but he was asked to meet him at his office rather than at his house.

Yoongi wondered if they could just walk in disguised and take the blueprints of the house. This idea was turned down by everyone.

"If we don't have a concrete plan, we shouldn't do it.", Jin said.

Jimin disagreed almost immediately, "What we have is fine. We just have to know where his room is."

Jin swallowed hard, "The last time it was the second room on the second floor of the right corridor."

He could feel the whole atmosphere in the car shift. "How do you know?", Taehyung's voice came out as a whisper.

Yoongi snapped, "He was his boyfriend. Of course, he'd know."

"Why didn't you tell?", Taehyung asked again.

Jin wasn't sure if he was still talking about the room or about something else. "He said that they renovated the house. And – ", he sighed, "And, he said his new room is better and he got it sound-proofed, so we don't have to worry about – you know."

A deafening silence followed. Thankfully, they reached the college. Taehyung got out of the car, slammed the door and walked away with Jimin struggling to keep up with him.

"You do understand that sounds... different.", Yoongi said to a stone-faced Jin.

Jin nodded, "It is not untrue, is it? Once he comes back, Yoonie, I don't know if I can push this anymore. He is already pissed off."

Yoongi squeezed his hand to comfort him, "It will be fine."

Jin smiled painfully, "I've to renew my books at the library. I'll meet you at the class."

Yoongi nodded, "Please text me wherever you go."

"I will.", Jin left a light kiss on his cheek before he jogged to the library. Yoongi groaned, rubbed his cheek with his sleeve and left to Singer's Den.

...

Minasshole: I'm back. Missed me?

Minasshole: I missed you.

Minasshole: At last night's party, even as I fucked this girl, I swear I could only think of you.

Minasshole: 7 PM. Don't be late. We will go home tonight.

Jin's insides squirmed. He sent a screenshot to Yoongi, who was stuck at a Student Committee meeting and then thumbed a reply to Minho.

15 mins later, the door of Singer's Den swung open.

"What to do?", Jin whimpered without looking up with his face in his hands. He was on the verge of tears. "I am scared. I don't want to go."

A pair of hands wrapped around him.