Special

Song - Stay Stay Stay (Taylor Swift)

Yoongi woke up abruptly at 3 in the morning. He stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before he got up to check on Jimin.

He slowly pushed the door of Jimin's room. He could hear his brother snoring lightly. The street light cast a dull light on the younger's face, making the bruise look ghastlier than it was. It hurt Yoongi to watch his baby brother suffer. He wanted to keep him safe, but he did not know how.

He closed the door behind him and walked to the couch downstairs. He tried to go back to sleep when the notifications on his phone catch his attention.

Hobi: Is everything fine?

Hobi: Call me if you need anything.

Hobi: You can talk to me, Yoongi-hyung. You know that, right?

Hobi: Namjoon told me what happened. Don't blame yourself. Please.

Hobi: I hope you are sleeping and not sitting on the park bench in the middle of the night.

read 3:08 AM.

Yoongi stared at the messages. Hoseok's words somehow made him feel better. Something about him made Yoongi feel like he was safe. He could feel Hobi's smile radiate at him through those messages. It caused him to feel something unfamiliar and uncomfortable. Nausea?

He remembered the first time he met Hobi. It was right after the auditions. Everyone knew he got in – their college had never seen such a dancer before. He was full of energy. He was too loud. He annoyed Yoongi. The guy couldn't keep calm for a minute.

Right before Yoongi had to audition, he started to have an anxiety attack. Hobi came to meet him backstage. Why is he here to meet him after I clearly asked him to not annoy me?

Yoongi cursed at him and asked him to leave. He didn't want some loud kid to watch him melt under anxiety and pity him. But to his surprise, Hobi just took Yoongi's hands into his and slowly rubbed his thumb over the other's hand while he pulled him into a soft embrace. It helped Yoongi and to this day he did not know why Hobi has such an affect on him. Jin frustratingly hasn't left out a chance to remind him that he is happier, and brighter when with Hobi. He knew that.

But when is Hobi the happiest?

...

Jimin woke up to find Yoongi curled in his couch. For a man with a terrifying facade, he looked very vulnerable in this fetal position. He walked and kissed him on the top of his head.

All his life, Yoongi and he kept fighting, arguing and throwing each other under the bus. Their parents' job demanded them to stay away from the house for most of the time. Yoongi was forced to grow up faster than he had to, to take care of Jimin. Now when he looked at his brother, Jimin decided to be nicer to him. Just because the former didn't know how to express love, doesn't mean Jimin shouldn't show either.

"Don't be a creep, Jimin.", Yoongi muttered in sleep. "Stop staring."

Jimin laughed. "We will get late. Wake up."

Yoongi groaned as he tried to sit up. "I can't."

Jimin put his hand on Yoongi's forehead. It was burning hot.

"Hyung, you are sick!"

"I don't fall sick."

Jimin smacked Yoongi, who groaned again.

"You don't have to go to college. I'll also stay home.", Jimin declared.

Yoongi was too tired to protest and fell back in his couch.