Closer

Song - One Kiss (Dua Lipa)

Jin slipped between his bed covers. He was exhausted trying to manage his classes, assignments and his vocal practices. To top that, they had a performance coming up in less than two weeks. Despite all that, Jin felt okay. He didn't mind the exhaustion. He daily looked forward for the vocal sessions with Yoongi, Ken, Joonie and Tae.

Taehyung.

Jin spent the last four days in sessions with Tae. He was worried they'd both get distracted but Tae was amazingly obedient. He was keen to learn and wouldn't stop shooting questions at Jin. Instead, Jin was worried if he only got more distracted by his handsome face, those sparkling eyes and his beautiful boxy smile.

He pulled his phone out to text Tae when he received a text from an unknown number.

New contact:

Jin: Who is this? I don't have your number

New Contact: Missed me, baby?

Jin: No.

New Contact: Why does he touch you so often?

Jin: Fuck off.

New Contact: Ask him to stay away, Jin. You know how this will end.

New Contact: I'll be back.

Jin put his phone away. All the memories that he pushed away started to flood back to him. By the time he slept, his face was streaked with tears, eyes puffed, and screams drowned in his pillow.

...

Tae woke up to a single text from Jin.

Jinnie: Tae, I need to meet you.

It was sent at 2:47 AM. Tae immediately called Jin but got no response. He washed himself quickly and rushed down.

"I didn't make breakfast yet, Tae.", his mum said when she saw Tae pulling on his shoes.

"That's okay, mom. I have to go. I'll eat out.", he shouted back as he ran out of the house.

Tae tried calling Jin again, but the tone was dead now. Worry crept into his mind. He went home, right? I should've walked him home. Why is his phone dead?

Tae reached Jin's house gate. He didn't know if his parents would be okay if Tae barged in and asked them about Jin's whereabouts. He looked at the balcony to the side of the house. There was a ledge that would make it easy for him to get in. Hoping that it was Jin's room, Tae jumped up the ledge and used his weight to land into the balcony, dropping a flower pot to the ground in the process.

He checked to see if anyone heard the noise and when no one came, he dusted the mud crumbs off his shirt. The balcony door was unlocked, and Tae pushed it aside to peek in. The room was empty. The bed looked like it was recently laid in. A soft pink blanket was spilled from it to the floor. There was a keyboard in the corner.