Bait

Song - If this was a movie (Taylor Swift)

The first week of the new year passed swiftly what with all the submissions pending for the half-year evaluations.

Jin mentally made a time table to be able to avoid Taehyung during lunch breaks, parking lot meets and at Singer's Den. The last one was difficult, but he managed to maintain a good distance from the blonde-haired boy in case he was around.

Through-out the day, he remained stone-faced, played the right emotions on his face when he was required to and went back home and cried to sleep.

To anyone who knew them both also knew something was off. From constantly holding hands, to impromptu kisses, to hugs and the intense stares, those two now don't even look at each other let alone do any of the before mentioned ones.

Jimin spent full three days pestering Taehyung to spill the beans but he refused to. "It is over.", that is all he managed to get from him.

Yoongi on the other hand waited for Jin to talk to him. But after an entire week passed and Jin was only getting more silent he decided to talk to him the next time they met.

So, on Monday evening, when Yoongi found Jin sitting on the curb of the parking lot, with his head on his lap, between his arms, he sat next to him.

"Jin?", he said as he placed his palm on his head and that is when he realized that the other was crying.

"Jin? Do you want to talk?", he asked.

Jin slightly shook his head and continued to muffle his cries. Yoongi didn't want to push so he pulled him closer and hugged him by his side. Jin shifted his position and put his head on Yoongi's shoulder, his left hand wrapped around the mint-haired boy's neck and whispered, "I miss him."

"I know. We know.", Yoongi said as he rubbed his back.

"It has been only a week, but it feels like years since I spoke to him, Yoongi. It hurts.", he said between sobs.

Yoongi hummed as he wondered what could've gone wrong. They seemed to be attached at the hip all the time. He stayed like that for a while till Jin brushed his tears away and composed himself.

"Thank you.", Jin muttered. "We can leave now."

Yoongi pulled himself up and started, "Jin. The master's induction was today. You know what that means."

Jin nodded. "I shouldn't be alone, yeah."

"Yeah. Stay with me at all times. Text me if you are going somewhere alone. Okay?", Yoongi spoke as he started the car.

Jin agreed. He felt too weak to stand up against Minho.

...

Jin found himself sleeping at Yoongi's desk in Singer's Den. He doesn't remember the last time he slept well. His eyes became baggy and he was always tired. He picked his phone to call Yoongi asking what was taking him so long to submit an assignment.

He had a few notifications. As always, his eyes searched for that one name and as it has been in the past week, he didn't find it. But he found a new one and he gulped.

Minasshole: Come meet me at the master's sports division at 7.

Jin ignored. It was already 6:43 PM. He dialed Yoongi's number but didn't get an answer from the other. He decided to go back to sleep when the notifications went off again.

Minasshole: Princess, don't ignore me.

Minasshole: It is for your own good. Meet me.