Roots

Song - I'm so tired (Troye Sivan and Lauv)

"I don't know if I am disappointed in you or ashamed of you.", Jimin said as he dragged a sip from his milkshake.

Tae arranged his cupcakes in rainbow colors while the others merely obeyed to Jin's instructions. It was Jimin's birthday party.

"Can you lower you voice?", he finally hissed. "I don't want the others to hear."

Jimin rolled his eyes, "You've been off for two whole days in a house next to a beach, all alone, with the guy that you claim to be in love with, but you did not get a chance to fuck each other. I haven't heard of anything more outrageous."

Tae sighed in defeat. "Stop being so dramatic. At least we talk now."

"In kisses.", Jimin added and giggled.

Tae put up his shy smile and agreed. "Why aren't you helping them with the arrangements?"

"It is my birthday. I don't have to.", Jimin replied as he noisily slurped in more milkshake. "It is not like you're doing anything either."

"Excuse your un-artistic ass. I am arranging the cupcakes in an aesthetic way.", Tae said with his hand over his chest.

Jimin hummed, "So Hobi-hyung and Namjoon-hyung are rearranging the entire furniture. I last saw Yoongi-hyung an hour ago lost in the kitchen – I am not sure if he is alive or not. Rose has been running around with Ken and Jisoo to put up the decorations. And, you have been assigned to arrange cupcakes. Guess the planner has absolutely no favorites."

Tae shrugged as he started to unwrap a cupcake to eat.

"No eating until the party begins.", a voice flowed from the other end of the room.

Tae turned around to see his peach-sweater, flour creased boy walk to him with furrowed brows. "Put it down.", the boy said.

Tae pouted and continued to eat the cupcake.

Jin's frown slowly dissolved as he lifted his thumb and ran it across Tae's lower lip. "Crumbs", he whispered as he licked off his thumb. If he noticed Jimin's wide eyed gaze, he didn't say anything.

Tae only smirked in response and shoved in the rest of the cupcake deliberately making sure to be messy.

Jin broke into a shy smile as he pulled him closer and kissed him full on the lips. "Tastier."

Before Tae could respond, Jimin cleared his throat loudly. The two gays – sorry guys, moved away an inch from each other with difficulty.

"It is my birthday. If anyone gets sex, it should be me. You had your chance and blew it.", Jimin huffed as he rattled his empty milkshake carton.

Jin and Tae just smiled at one another not looking away even when Yoongi kept yelling something about the microwave timer, Namjoon screamed about breaking a lamp and Jisoo crash landed on Ken.

Finally, when the smoke alarm went off, the elder one let go off Tae's waist and sighed. "I get distracted for 20 seconds and the house is on fire."

"Go do your thing. We'll have a lot of time tonight.", Tae said as he placed a light peck on Jin's cheek.

...

Three hours later Yoongi began to wonder who the fuck coaxed him into having a party at the house. Red plastic cups were all over the place, the kitchen reeked of pungent smells, and he was sure a few of them just gate crashed the party and were complete strangers. He ran his hand through his hair in frustration.