Chp. 8

Amaya's POV

The other computer teacher and I where on the same page about what we were teaching. And sense there was only two of us we had the rest of the week off to plan for the impending year.

I left her classroom and made my way back to mine. It felt strange to kind of enjoy being back in these hallways. I couldn't remember much of my time here and it pissed me off.

Oscar was sitting on one of the computers. He was typing away without noticing that I walked into the room. For a guy who's supposed to be on alert 24/7, he was completely vulnerable right now.

"How'd it go?" He asked frightening me.

"Good. I have like two more things to do and then we can leave."

"Cool." He said before going back to typing.

I packed my bags and grabbed a marker to write down the assignments for the following week. Might as well because it'll save me time on Monday morning.

The noise from Oscar's computer keys started to annoy me. 

How the hell did he know I was in the classroom? How did he know that it was me?

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked not stopping my task.

"Go for it."

"How'd you know that someone walked into the room?"

"I don't know. I've always had that feeling when someone does. Its hard to explain."

"No I get it. Its like something switches in you."

"Gang life does that." I laugh at his comment. 

He wasn't wrong at all. 

Ever sense I was little we were taught to be on alert. You never know when someone would come for you. But you could always be prepared.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"What the hell is up with the overalls? Are you trying to look like a 12 year old?"

"First that's 2 questions. Second they're comfortable." He makes some noise.

"Have you been thinking about that all morning?"

"Yes, Mariposa." I gasped at his comment and my writing got messed up.

That nickname.

Someone used to call me that but I couldn't remember who.

"Aye. Calm down its just a nickname."

"But, how do you know its my nickname?"

"20 questions is over. I'll meet you in the hall." I turned around and watched him basically jog out of my classroom.

I erased everything I had written on the whiteboard and grabbed my shit and hauled ass out of my classroom. Something inside of me said to follow Oscar. He had just lit a cigarette when I walked up to him.