Chp. 9

Oscar's POV

Oh you have to be fucking kidding me.

Second time in 3 days she bolted from my protection.

I got back to the house and sent over Lupe's little brother to go look after them.

For some reason I had a feeling the two of them would pull this shit.

Growing up they did this to our dads. Always finding a way out. Never wanting to be watched like hawks.

Jose being the follower he was, caught his sister and dragged her over to the crib.

"Where is she?"

"I don't know. Amaya told me that she needed a break from the protection and had me confuse your guys for a little while she could breathe."

"And what happens if the Prophet$ get her? Huh? Whatcha gonna do then?"

"We both know how I got her out of there the first time. What are you gonna do to make her stay on this side Spooky? I can't make her obey every wish and want you have for her."

"Just go make sure she's okay."

"Why can't you do that?"

"Cause I have business to attend to."

Mario was walking across the street to me with beer in his arms.

"Whatever." Lupe says jogging off my lawn.

"Compa! Que onda?"

"Ah. AJ's sitting in my house with Abuelita. Do you want me to go get her?"

"Nah. Abuelita will set her straight."

"Does she really not remember you?"

"No."

"Man that would break my heart." I lifted my eyebrows at him and grabbed a beer.

"Let's go kick back. The game's gonna be on soon."

Mario, the homies and I went inside.

It did break my heart that she didn't remember me.

But it was definitely a good thing.

As much as it hurt, it could hurt a million times worse for the both of us.

"Yo Spooky! I had a great time. Thanks man." Mario drunkly said leaving my house.

"Get home safe. Don't fall over, I'm not coming to pick you up again. And if your Madre comes over here and bitches me out again, you're not coming back again."

He laughs it off as I kick everyone else out of my house. I sit on the front porch and lit a blunt.

Today has been a day and its only Monday.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" I look up to see Amaya standing on my lawn in tiny ass shorts.

"What's up?"

"I just wanted to apologize about bolting. So, I guess, I'm sorry."

"No you're not."

She takes a deep breath and let's it go. "You know what? I'm not sorry. It was fun. Well I guess your protection can be called off now. I'm fully back to 'ghetto' AJ."

"No you're not." I inhale the smoke. "How was Darius? Still rolling with the Prophet$?"

"How did you know..."

"Mario." We both say at the same time.

"Yeah. He told me you met Monse too."

"I did." Amaya pushes dirt around with her foot.